Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
[IDEA][GAME] Unnamed Possible Game
I really have minimal knowledge of how games work.

I haven't come up with the style or even the design of the main character.

But anyway I've got this idea floating around in my head of a 2-D platform game.

Basically it would be a game, where the enemies could be defeated quickly by hitting them in their weakspot by diving at their upper portion, sliding at their lower portion, or jumping on their head.

Certain enemies would have protection from certain areas of their body and some would have no protection at all.

Ex: A slime enemy could be destroyed by sliding at it or jumping on it. Or it could be completely ignored by jumping or diving over it.
[Image: preview2a.gif][Image: preview3.gif][Image: preview4.gif]
(I haven't done the running animation yet, so all there is is this slow jog. Also I didn't feel like animating the slime every frame)

Whereas a larger enemy might have a shield protecting their upper portion, so you'd have to slide at its legs or jump on its head.
Ex: This skeleton!
[Image: skelerton.gif]
The plan is, every single way you can destroy and enemy, you would be able to keep moving and not lose speed (unless of course you hit the wrong spot)

There would be a score system where you would get more points for beating the level faster, but the score would be more of just bragging rights so there would be no real penalty for taking your time. (But maybe some cosmetic unlockables for beating it fast enough?)

Does this sound like a playable game?
Thanked by:
Like Canabalt, except with enemies?
It's been done before, but why the hell not?
[Image: ZRdfkWQ.jpg]
Thanked by:
Well no, I don't want the whole thing to be non stop running, I want it to play like a regular platform game, just have like each level in such a way where it can be ran through non stop if you try hard enough.
Thanked by:
I am digging the smoothness of those animations. I'd like to see more.
Thanked by: Gwen
Diggin' the example animations a lot

and out of curiosity what will you be programming this in?
Thanked by: Gwen
(01-16-2011, 07:32 PM)Sengir Wrote: Diggin' the example animations a lot

and out of curiosity what will you be programming this in?

Well I have literally zero experience, so my brother is doing most of the programming in Flash. He has very little experience too though, but he understands it waaay better than I could ever.

This game would be kind of a learning experience.

It would actually be cool if we could get some help with this, although I don't know if I'm totally serious about this yet, my brother has gotten back into WoW, so he's playing that more than anything.
Thanked by: