Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Custom Marco Rossi
Was supposed to be a secret project, but I don't want to work a month and then find out there was something I missed.

I'm working on a fully custom 3d Marco Rossi
[Image: rossi32.gif]
From Metal Slug.

Ref sheet (based on this)
[Image: marcomodelsheet.png]

WIP shots:
[Image: dahead.png]
[Image: whodis.png]

Paintover to show what I'm going for:
[Image: paintover.png]
[Image: ZRdfkWQ.jpg]
please continue and finish it
Thanked by:
This is awesome on so many levels. I have to say, I'm really looking forward to seeing the final product if you decide to finish it.
Thanked by:
Yeah, let's hope I can keep motivated. Thanks, guys. Big Grin
BodyPaint decided to die on me halfway through (when I accidentally exported it to another extension, bleh) , but I have this to show:

Almost forgot his cleft chin, heh.

Known problems:
1. The ear is more red than anywhere else. Need to use that red in other areas.
2. Eyes look a tad too close to each other.
3. Seams. SEAMS. How I hate you with a passion.
4. Trapezius muscles look wrong

Feel free to crit even the shape of things (that's why I included full body views).
Forgot to show the back, maybe later Tongue
Thanked by:
Looks incredible so far. I especially love your body texture. I'm excited to see an end result here. I have to ask though, why would you do your first texture wip in grayscale? Wouldn't you just have to paint over it to achieve colors anyway?
Thanked by:
The grayscale is actually a hi-res sculpt.
I retopo'd that and got a low-poly version. I was going to just transfer the hi-res details onto the low-res model, but it looked damn ugly.
Besides, that is the 3d equivalent of drawing a vector and then reducing the color to make it look like a sprite, heh.

And I like the look of painted textures better. Smile
Thanked by:
Hi I have no life
Thanked by:
Seriously dude, get a polycount account.
[Image: E3DU8rS.png]
Reference
♥ ♥ ♥ LOVE ♥ ♥ ♥
Omega ; Phant Mmkay ; Baegal ; Gorsal ; Drakocat ; Chaoxys ; TomGuyCott ; Chris2balls ; Mighty Jetters ; Blueblur97 ; NICKtendo DS ;
Kachua (Secret Santa) ; and some more that i need to locate, save and link onto here
Thanked by:
Last time I lurked, their posts were months old. Unsure
I go to GameArtisans.
Thanked by:
Will check it out.
Please just see their "Mobile & webgaming, post your lowpoly art here" thread. I should duplicate it here, btw
[Image: E3DU8rS.png]
Reference
♥ ♥ ♥ LOVE ♥ ♥ ♥
Omega ; Phant Mmkay ; Baegal ; Gorsal ; Drakocat ; Chaoxys ; TomGuyCott ; Chris2balls ; Mighty Jetters ; Blueblur97 ; NICKtendo DS ;
Kachua (Secret Santa) ; and some more that i need to locate, save and link onto here
Thanked by:
[Image: marcol.png]
Pants
Thanked by:
Ah nice start with the pants/boots. So are you going to paint the belt on too?
Thanked by:
Might add some floating geometry for the belt, since it doesn't really look good painted.
Forgot to mention, notice how the shape of the pants are fixed a little (compare the last two images).

Haven't started on the boots yet.
Might start making the hair.
Thanked by:
Please mentor me on how to use Anim8or (I would use Blender but my laptop is retarded)

Serious post, I really like your style and I've been learning OpenGL ES to develop 3D games
Thanked by: Vipershark
this looks fantastic good job so far
Thanked by: