Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)
Super Smash Bros. Brawl Rips
Well, looks like it's time to make my first submissions.

I'm starting with the Alloys from SSB: Brawl.

Don't mind the funky colors behind the hands; they're only there because the spheres are translucent, and I wanted a color that stands out well.

Icons were made, not with the icon maker, but in Photoshop using the assets. I have no clue what to do with a .jar, but I managed to extract the contents, and used that.

Icons:

[Image: RedAlloyIcon.png][Image: BlueAlloyIcon.png][Image: GreenAlloyIcon.png][Image: YellowAlloyIcon.png]
[Image: PrimidIcon.png]
[Image: Azelf_Icon.png][Image: Uxie_Icon.png][Image: Dialga_Icon.png][Image: Palkia_Icon.png]
[Image: Skarmory_Icon.png]

Preview Images:

[Image: RedAlloyPreview.png]
[Image: BlueAlloyPreview.png]

As more are submitted, I will add the preview pic to a new post, but the icons (and links) will be added to this post. Helps to keep things organized, IMO.
Thanked by:
Haha wonderful!~ With Solink doing the Fighting Polygons, me having done the Fighting Wireframes, and you doing the Alloys we'll have all the extra fighters of that type from each game! That's fantastic.

These look great by the way.
Thanked by:
Looks good, I'll get these up asap.

As for what a .jar is, its basically a Java executable. If you have a relatively recent version of Java installed, you should be able to run it the same way as a normal executable on your computer. You can't copy and paste anti-aliased transparent images into it correctly though so it may be better to go with Photoshop still for nicer looking icons.
Thanked by:
I'm just rolling right along.

Here's Green Alloy!

[Image: GreenAlloyPreview.png]

Edit: Yellow Alloy will have to come tomorrow.
Thanked by: Shadowth117
Wow, I've never had a chance to play Multi-man Melee that much but these look terrific....and scary
Thanked by:
And with this, the Alloy crew is complete.

[Image: YellowAlloyPreview.png]

Edit: I just wish I could export the color cycling used in the matGlow material. I suppose if it's really necessary, I can make images that detail the colors used each frame. Figuring also that it'll have to be up to the person using the model to use the material as best they can. I've done my part by providing everything possible.
Thanked by:
I guess technically you could view their palette files in BrawlBox and include the colors from those, but it wouldn't make palette cycling on the materials much easier for the guy who ends up using it. It should be just fine as you left it.
Thanked by:
I like yellow's horns. I have'nt run into yellow in the game yet, is it only on hard mode?
Thanked by:
(01-08-2011, 12:44 PM)valforwing Wrote: I like yellow's horns. I have'nt run into yellow in the game yet, is it only on hard mode?

He's in all of the Multi-Man Brawl modes.

You probably didn't notice him because he has difficulties returning to the stage because of his AI.

He uses Mario's moveset, and even his trophy description notes this.

Edit: Have a Primid!

[Image: PrimidPreview.png]
Thanked by:
Ah cool, those guys are always fun. Weren't there a whole bunch of different faces for them though? It wouldn't be necessary, but having them would make him seem a bit more complete.

Edit: You need to remember to convert the .tga's to .png by the way. Its the image format of choice in general here since its pretty much loss less while still being much smaller in general than other formats. I'm fixing it this time, but its just something to remember.
Thanked by:
Nice, oh, are the little shadow bugs models too or are they balls of lighting? maybe they are texture edits?
Thanked by:
(01-09-2011, 05:27 PM)Shadowth117 Wrote: Ah cool, those guys are always fun. Weren't there a whole bunch of different faces for them though? It wouldn't be necessary, but having them would make him seem a bit more complete.

Edit: You need to remember to convert the .tga's to .png by the way. Its the image format of choice in general here since its pretty much loss less while still being much smaller in general than other formats. I'm fixing it this time, but its just something to remember.

Yes, there are. There's 20 of them in total, in different models. I didn't add the other 19 because they're not as well-known as the eyes shown there. For whatever reason, the other eyes are greyscale (like the badge was), and I'd have to edit all of them to make them their proper colors, which would be a major pain.

Blame BRRES viewer for the TGA output. BrawlBox would've made PNG.

(01-09-2011, 06:53 PM)valforwing Wrote: Nice, oh, are the little shadow bugs models too or are they balls of lighting? maybe they are texture edits?

The Shadow Bugs on the model are a texture, and there's a 'particle generator' at the same spot for the motion. I didn't add the generator because it wasn't there.
Thanked by:
(01-09-2011, 07:38 PM)Tiberious Wrote: Blame BRRES viewer for the TGA output. BrawlBox would've made PNG.

Thanked by:
O.o
some of the models look like that when exported to blender.
such as Regal...he has a box around him.
Thanked by:
(01-09-2011, 11:46 PM)valforwing Wrote: O.o
some of the models look like that when exported to blender.
such as Regal...he has a box around him.
It's a collision box, which is invisible in-game. It shouldn't be to hard to remove.
Thanked by: