Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
[FANGAME][IDEA]Oracle of Secrets - my version
This is my version of The Legend of Zelda - Oracle of Secrets, something that everyone that has played Oracle of Ages or Oracle of Seasons wants, but nobody has completed yet.

Overview:
Everyone's Secrets are held within the Book of Secrets. The Secrets are everything that was ever thought about and could have been done. This world is made of their Choices, whether good or evil. Secrets were the only Choices could have been made.
Micara, the Assassin of Treason, takes Farore to alter the Choices that were made using all the evil Secrets in order to light the Flame of Treachery.
Using the Book of Secrets, Link is able to go through the three dimensions: the Dimension of Truth,where the story starts; the Dimension of Evil, which Micara makes out of all the evil Choices that ever could have been made; and the Dimension of Good that is made parallel to the Evil Dimension unintentionally.

Lay of the Land:
The name of the land is Kiulloso. Each dimension will probably be 12 x 12 screens. The first town is Kiols City.
There are two lands like Subrosia in Seasons and underwater in Ages, similar to Heaven and Hell, but need better names. The new race is like a combination of angels and demons, but needs a name.

Animal Companions:
Dimitri is the one that you get if you don't go out of your way to get a strange flute, Ricky is the one who's flute is bought from the shop, and Moosh's flute is won from an in-game mini-game, like the Subrosian Dance and the Batting Game.

What happens to Farore:
Din was trapped in a crystal, Nayru was possessed, so I was thinking that Farore would be turned into a child(so she could be corrupted by Micara). There will be a projection of Farore inside the Maku Tree coming from "Farore's Memory," the book on the table that is NOT the Book of Secrets. I say this because it is green, and the book in the official artwork that Farore is holding has no green on it, but is black and red.

Maku Tree:
In Seasons, the Maku Tree was male, had a nose, and was withered but grew back with each Essence of Nature. In Ages, the Maku Tree was female, had a flower, and lost some of her memory but remembered something with each Essence of Time. I was thinking that the Maku Tree in Secrets would be female again, have a bow, and become cruel but become nicer with each Essence of Truth.

Dungeons:
Level 1: Petal Dungeon, Located in the Dimension of Truth
Item: Roc's Feather
Mini-Boss: Three Mad Scrubs
Boss: Odolwa(From Majora's Mask)
Essence: Holy Nectar - The secret strength of the gods is held within the Holy Nectar!

Level 2: Abandoned Hut, Located in the Dimension of Evil
Item: Boomerang
Mini-Boss: Tabbleak(a cat)
Boss: Hagnus(a witch)
Essence: Burning Desire - The passion and pride of all shows through the Burning Desire!

Level 3: Infinity Dungeon, Located in the Dimension of Good
Item: Power Bracelet
Mini-Boss: Open
Boss: Open
Essence: Song of Sirens, There is strange magic within the irresistible tune that is the Song of Sirens!

Split Dungeons:
Dungeon 6 of Oracle of Ages(Mermaid's Cave) was split between the past and present, so I was thinking that the later dungeons could be split between dimensions.

Level 4: Beetle's Burrow, Located in both the Dimension of Truth and the Dimension of Evil
Item: Ball and Chain, (CHANGED) Link will throw it up to three spaces in front of him, trying to land it in an indentation across a gap. Link can be dragged down a hole if it land in one.
Boss: Gohmapede(like a centipede, but of the Gohma family)
Essence: Sandy Soil, no definition

Level 5: Star-Cross Dungeon, Located in both the Dimension of Good and the Dimension of Evil near a lake or by the sea
Item: Seed Blower, like a dart blower. Link blows the seeds and they go long-range and pierce the first thing they hit, unless it's a wall or something, but break on the next contact.
Boss: Wizrobe(MM)
Essence: Total Eclipse, The powers of both the Sun and the Moon come together in the Total Eclipse!

Level 6: Hallowed Falls, Located in both the Dimension of Truth and the Dimension of Good near a waterfall.
Item: Some kind of Level 2 upgrade to a previous item that would make it possible to pass through some places that would require Ricky without actually having him, since the Roc's Cape made it possible to go without Moosh in some places in Seasons, and the Mermaid Suit made it possible to occasionally be without Dimitri in Ages.
Mini-Boss: Vire, like always
Essence: Babbling Brook, no definition

Level 7: Ancient Pyramid, Located in all three Dimensions
Item: Mega Ball and Chain, Level 2 Ball and Chain, travels three spaces, then bounces two more unless it fall down a hole or lands in one of the indentations
Essence: Immortal's Ankh, no definition

Eighth Dungeon:
Dungeon 8 on Oracle of Seasons(Sword & Shield Dungeon) and Dungeon 7 on Oracle of Ages(Jabu-Jabu's Belly) were located in the second land(Subrosia and underwater, respectively), so I was thinking that the Dungeon 8 be split between the Heaven and Hell places.
Level 8: Glittering Gallows, Located in the Heaven and Hell places
Item: Another kind of Level 2 upgrade to a previous item(not the sword or shield) like on the first two
Essence: Distorted Reality, The truth behind the lies is visible to whoever possesses the Distorted Reality!

More words on the mini-bosses and bosses:
Originally, I was thinking about reusing some old mini-bosses/bosses because Seasons and Ages did, but after reading some more, I found out that Seasons was an almost-remake of the original The Legend of Zelda and only had bosses from it plus the Medusa Head, along with some of the mini-bosses from both games being remakes. I didn't discover this until after I planned for Odolwa, the Mad Scrubs, and the Wizzrobe, so I'm gonna keep those.

Beginning:
Link lands in the forest and finds Farore teaching some kids in a clearing. Another "kid" shows up, but is Micara in disguise. She scares off all of the kids, then says something like "If you like children so much, maybe you should be one." She turns Farore into a child, who then has no memory of being Oracle of Secrets. Link tries to save Farore, but Micara knocks him out.
Link is awoken by Impa, who was also knocked out by Micara in the hut she was staying, only one screen away. She tell Link about Farore's true identity as the Oracle of Secrets, then gives him a sword and tell him to go see the Maku Tree in the town to the north.
When Link come to the gate in front of the Maku Tree, there is a sign that says, "Access to the Maku Tree is forbidden by the Mayor until further notice."
Link goes to the Mayor's house, who says a "wise woman with a small child" convinced him that the Maku Tree is actually evil. Link then has to get a shield to "protect himself from the evil" in order to meet the Maku Tree. Maku Tree tells him that he needs to gather the Essences of Truth, and to start it the Flower Key is needed. The Maku Tree used to have it, but chose to give it away a long time ago.
Micara appears her "wise woman" disguise and then has Farore, now under her control, teleport him to the Good Dimension.
In the Good Dimension, Link is still in front of the Good Maku Tree. She says she might be able to send him back, but needs time to gather her power to do it. Link has to do something(that I haven't thought of) to get the story to progress.
Somehow Link is sent to the Evil Dimension instead of the Truth Dimension. There, it turns out the Maku Tree didn't chose to give away the key, but wants Link to do something(don't know this one either) for her.
She gives it to him, then once he leave the screen Micara is going though town, looking for a place to look over the lighting of the Flame of Treachery. She blitz attacks him and has Farore send him back so she won't be disturbed.
Link can then go to the first dungeon.

(Actual)Fights with Micara:
Before Dungeon 3, Link , while still in the Evil Dimension after Dungeon 2, is told by the Maku Tree to go to an old fort that Micara is staying in while she is having a castle built for herself to try and rescue Farore. Farore has already been partially corrupted by Micara, but tricks Link into following her by pretending to remember. Farore leads him to Micara so she can try to defeat him. Micara attacks after the battle, but Farore regains her mind for a moment and sends him to the Good Dimension to save him.
Before Dungeon 5, Link returns to try and save Farore again, better prepared this time. He finds the antidote to the poison that turned Farore into a child. He defeats Micara again and successfully breaks her hold on Farore, and then turns he back to an adult. The fort breaks down, but Micara's castle has been built and she has siphoned enough of Farore's power to herself and retreats.
At her castle:
I don't know any details.
True Form:
I don't know what, but it needs to be two words, both starting with "T," Because in Seasons, Din was a Dancer, and Onox was the General of Darkness, but really a Dark Dragon trying to light the Flame of Destruction.
In Ages, Naryu was a Singer, and Veran was the Sorceress of Shadows, but really a Shape-Shifter trying to light the Flame of Sorrow.
So in Secrets, Farore is a Teacher, and Micara is the Assassin of Treason trying to light the Flame of Treachery.

Title Screen
Farore
Essences of Truth
Dungeon 1: Petal Dungeon
Mini-Boss 1: Mad Scrub
Boss 1: Odolwa

The team is currently me and one other person, so we're open to any kind of help.
my current project
[Image: oracle_of_secrets_title_screen_by_oracleofx-d3blj96.png]
Thanked by:
(12-15-2010, 10:30 PM)oracleofx Wrote: This is my version of The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Secrets, something that everyone that has played Oracle of Ages or Oracle of Seasons wants, but nobody has completed yet.

Everyone's Secrets are held within the Book of Secrets. The Secrets are everything that was ever thought about and could have been done. This world is made of their Choices, whether good or evil. Secrets were the only Choices could have been made. Micara, the Assassin of Treason, took Farore to alter the Choices that were made using all the evil Secrets in order to light the Flame of Treachery. Using the Book of Secrets, Link is able to go through the three dimensions that were created by Micara, the Dimension of Truth, which remained, the Dimension of Evil, which Micara made out of all the evil Choices that ever could have been made, and the Dimension of Evil that was made parallel to the Evil Dimension unintentionally. The name of the land is Kathilso. There are two lands like Subrosia in Seasons and underwater in Ages, similar to Heaven and Hell, but need better names. The two new races are like angels and demons, also need better names.

Dungeons done: 1, 2(except for two screens), 3
Number of over world map screens: 496 -- 12*12 per dimension plus 4*8 each the Heaven and Hell places
Over world screens done-9/144 Truth,5/144 Evil, 1/144 Good, 0/64 Other

Dungeons:
Level 1: Petal Dungeon, Located in the Dimension of Truth
Item: Roc's Feather
Mini-Boss: Three Mad Scrubs
Boss: Odolwa(From Majora's Mask)
Essence: Holy Nectar - The secret strength of the gods is held within the Holy Nectar!

Level 2: Abandoned Hut, Located in the Dimension of Evil
Item: Boomerang
Mini-Boss: Tabbleak(a cat)
Boss: Hagnus(a witch)
Essence: Dedicated Flame - The determination of heroes is fueled by the Dedicated Flame!

Level 3: Infinity Dungeon, Located in the Dimension of Good
Item: Power Bracelet
Essence: Open

Level 4: Open, , Located in both the Dimension of Truth and the Dimension of Evil
Item: It needs to be some sort of item that allows long distance travel.
Boss: Gohmapede(like a centipede, but of the Gohma family)

Level 5: Open, Located in both the Dimension of Good and the Dimension of Evil
Item: Seed Blower, like a dart blower. Link blows the seeds and they go long-range and pierce the first thing they hit, but break on the next contact.
Boss: Wizrobe(MM)
Essence: Total Eclipse, no description yet

Level 6: Hallowed Halls, Located in both the Dimension of Truth and the Dimension of Good
Item: Some kind of upgrade to a previous item like on the first two
Mini-Boss: Vire, like always

And both 7 and 8 are open. 7 is in all three dimensions, and 8 is split between Heaven and Hell.

The team is currently me and one other person.

P.S. Anyone else notice people think of dimensions and use night for the title screen of most Oracle of Secrets projects?

This sounds like an interesting concept. If you are looking for some inspiration and help with this however I recommend you check out this site: Link removed.
Video Games are bad for you? Surprise That's what they said about Rock and Roll! Big Grin
Thanked by:
I can help, here are my ideas to start off.
Level 3: Miniboss: Cyclops (you get the PB before battle so you can throw boulders at him) Boss: Hallan (A vampire, you stun him by hitting him with boulders, then throw him into the light. He moves faster as you hurt him more.)
Level 4: Item: You rescue Link's horse Epona. Miniboss: Oni Horseman (he rides Epona, you must find a way to knock him off her, and attack him before he gets back on.) Essence: Nature Tree (The power of life is found within the fruits of the Nature Tree)
Level 5: Yin-Yang Stronghold Miniboss: Crayk http://zeldawiki.org/Crayk
Level 6: Boss: Gleeok http://zeldawiki.org/Gleeok Essence: World's Light
Thanked by:
(12-21-2010, 05:33 PM)Shadicles Wrote: I can help, here are my ideas to start off.
Level 3: Miniboss: Cyclops (you get the PB before battle so you can throw boulders at him) Boss: Hallan (A vampire, you stun him by hitting him with boulders, then throw him into the light. He moves faster as you hurt him more.)
Level 4: Item: You rescue Link's horse Epona. Miniboss: Oni Horseman (he rides Epona, you must find a way to knock him off her, and attack him before he gets back on.) Essence: Nature Tree (The power of life is found within the fruits of the Nature Tree)
Level 5: Yin-Yang Stronghold Miniboss: Crayk http://zeldawiki.org/Crayk
Level 6: Boss: Gleeok http://zeldawiki.org/Gleeok Essence: World's Light

About some of this...
Level 3: One - Boulders? Two - The boss sounds a lot like the battle with the Dodongo in Snake's Remains on Seasons, substituting boulders for bombs and light for spikes.
Level 4: One - you didn't get the item from the mini-boss in the other two games. Two - wouldn't Epona still be in Hyrule outside the Temple of Time waiting for Link's return?
Level 5: It's in a lake/sea region, so it will have some sort of water-theme. As for Crayk, I don't want to reuse a boss from a game made after the originals, since this would have been made at the same time.
Level 6: Seasons already reused Gleeok for an Oracles game.
my current project
Thanked by:
I said it in the other Oracle of ______ thread, and I'll say it again:

Bring back Blind
HAVE I BEEN MISLEAD?? [Image: TeamStory.gif] THE DREAM ISN'T DEAD???

Thanked by: S-Cpu, Rakia
I'm supporting this project 100% and if you need help with animations, I'll help you guys out. As for ideas, I'm not too great with thinking of bosses but I'll try to see what I come up with.
Thanked by:
I think thats a really cool idea. I wanted to do something like that called Oracle of Elements but different idea. Good luck and IM me if ur having trouble finding tiles. I am a great sprite collector and i might have what u'd be looking for.
Thanked by:
(12-25-2010, 06:12 PM)Rosencrantz Wrote: I said it in the other Oracle of ______ thread, and I'll say it again:

Bring back Blind

Just as a boss, or with someone that follows you around the dungeon?
my current project
Thanked by:
(01-16-2011, 12:18 PM)oracleofx Wrote:
(12-25-2010, 06:12 PM)Rosencrantz Wrote: I said it in the other Oracle of ______ thread, and I'll say it again:

Bring back Blind

do both; his concept was awesome
HAVE I BEEN MISLEAD?? [Image: TeamStory.gif] THE DREAM ISN'T DEAD???

Thanked by:
(01-17-2011, 09:32 PM)Rosencrantz Wrote:
(01-16-2011, 12:18 PM)oracleofx Wrote:

Bring back Blind

do both; his concept was awesome

Maybe not as a boss, maybe when Farore starts to get corrupted by Micara and then tries to trick Link.
my current project
Thanked by:
No please, As a boss too please.
M A C H I N E G U N
         ⌒°。>◡<)⌒°
             /_▄︻し┻┳═一(いち)(いち)  ┣¨┣¨┣¨┣¨┣¨┣¨┣¨┣¨┣¨┣¨┣¨
[Image: tumblr_mr2bjoHi1v1qh8espo1_400.gif][Image: NfIxSTK.gif]
Thanked by:
What dungeon(that hasn't been finished) could have someone with you the entire way, since all the rest of the dungeons are split between dimensions?
my current project
Thanked by:
I know it's been awhile, but I finally have a general plan for the Truth dimension. The other two will be (loosely) based on it.

I also finally decided on the rest of the dungeons (names), the Essences of Truth are DONE, I slightly changed the function of the ball and chain, and decided that it should be one of the three items that levels up.
my current project
Thanked by:
Seems cool and kinda like where you're going with this. Though personally the Dimension of Evil and Good sound too blah to me...I'd go for Lies and Half-Lie/Truth or whatever but that's just me.

The Dungeons look great so far and I can't complain about them but have you done any of the Overworld yet? Any screens of that we could look forward to, ie towns or caves, lakes?
Thanked by:
if you want my advice, you should not be so placative with your themes. use your themes subtle and build a world around the subtle themes. it works much better...
Thanked by: