Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Metal Slug 1 in ePSXe - Mission 2 screwing up
Well, this is basically an emulation-related question, since I've never been able to figure this out, despite posting threads on multiple boards, and one day, I got the brilliant idea, "Hey! There's a ton of people on tSR who probably emulate crap like I do! What if I asked them?" In retrospect, I probably should've just started here, but whatever.

Anyway, I got ePSXe, like, ages ago, and I got all kinds of games to work in it fine, but when I first tried running Metal Slug (The first game, it only came out in Japan I think), the intro went fine, the first mission went fine, but then I get to Mission 2 and all the foreground objects won't scroll along with the background, which means it keeps assuming I'm at the beginning of the stage, so I can't get the part with the Flame Shot and lots of paratrooping bazooka men to trigger, meaning I can't complete it, meaning I can't get through the rest of the stage, meaning I can't complete the stage, any stages afterward, unlock any other stages in Combat School, or unlock Another Mission, which mind you was the whole reason I got the ISO (Another Mission's only in the PS1 port). It's worth noting that I've tried multiple ISOs and emulators as well, and still encountered the same issue.

"Well, that is not a problem!", I said. "I'll just Google it and surely there will be answers, since all kinds of people play Metal Slug in emulators, right?" I mean, seriously. It happens with every ISO in every emulator. I can't be the first.

...Except that I am the first somehow. All I found was, "I got Metal Slug to work in ePSXe but no other games work", "Metal Slug works perfectly fine in ePSXe", "Watch me play Metal Slug in ePSXe but DON'T CRITICIZE ME OR I'LL DISABLE COMMENTS BAWWW", etc. Which basically implies the whole problem never existed and I'm stuck in some phantom dimension where Metal Slug doesn't work. That or no one was good enough to get to Mission 2. That would be even more disheartening than the former.

I mean, obviously none of you have probably come across this, but does anyone have a clue what I should be doing for this to work out? I feel very frustrated over this and only more frustrated that everyone acts like I'm crazy when I talk about it...

tl;dr: Metal Slug 1 doesn't work in PSX emulators, everyone is acting like it does, wat do.
Thanked by:
[Image: clip000cl7.gif]
you're not the only one apparently.

http://psxdata.snesorama.us/ntsc-j_list.html
i'd sugest you to test the configuration sugested at the bottom.
Thanked by:
What video plug-in are you using?
Doofenshmirtz: This is a little bit awkward but have you seen my escape jet keys? (Perry nods) What, you have? Well that's great! So where are they? (Perry looks away) You won't tell me? Is this because you don't speak or are you just being a jerk?
~Phineas and Ferb, "One Good Scare Ought to Do It!" (2008)
Thanked by:
(12-11-2010, 10:27 AM)Deathbringer Wrote: What video plug-in are you using?

PEOPS or something.

I also tried Pete's OpenGL2 Driver, didn't work out too well either.
Thanked by: