kid buu model release from Dragon Ball Z Budokai Tenkaichi 3
you can download here

http://www.mediafire.com/?z3tt0z3mpham7zp

model format obj and textures format png
video of display
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ffllqWTtaoc

i use 3D Ripper DX to rip his model from the game Dragon Ball Z Budokai

Tenkaichi 3 nintendo wii

I went to character reference data and went to view model and rip it from there.
Thanked by:
You probably could have put this and Broly in the same thread, but whatever.

One thing I noticed immediately on both models though is that they're distorted on their Z axis since they're too tall. If you could fix that up using the in game models for reference that would be great and I'd be happy to put them up on the site.
Thanked by:
(12-06-2010, 02:26 PM)Shadowth117 Wrote: You probably could have put this and Broly in the same thread, but whatever.

One thing I noticed immediately on both models though is that they're distorted on their Z axis since they're too tall. If you could fix that up using the in game models for reference that would be great and I'd be happy to put them up on the site.
does 3ds max have the some type of tool to let you know the precise
width and height of your model

Thanked by:
To be honest they don't really look that stretched to me. I don't know as much about 3ds max so I can't help you there.

Anyway I agree that these two models could have gone together and probably would have fit better in model submission wii/gamecube.
Thanked by:
(12-07-2010, 07:32 AM)mugeninfo25 Wrote:
(12-06-2010, 02:26 PM)Shadowth117 Wrote: You probably could have put this and Broly in the same thread, but whatever.

does 3ds max have the some type of tool to let you know the precise
width and height of your model

Yeah there is actually. Right click the scale tool on the main tool bar and it'll give you a "Scale Transform Type-In" window that let's you scale a model precisely by percentage overall or on any axis.

@Zerox, Scale down just their height when you're looking at one of them and you'll notice they look more natural. Compare them to a screenshot of the game if you think I've misjudged.
Thanked by:
First where do you want me to post the links to Dragonball models on this site? The second thing is can i post 2 sets of the models. The 1 set of models being the original size, and the 2 set of models being the Z axis scale down?
Thanked by:
Personally I believe Mediafire to be the best option for uploading them as there's little to no waiting time on downloads and it allows for unlimited number of downloads at once. While others such as Rapidshare make you wait 30 seconds or so and the limit your download speed so it takes longer.
Thanked by:
[Image: buusizecomparison.jpg][Image: buusizecomparisonside.jpg]

Look at the one on the right and compare it to the one on the stretched one on the left. As you can see, the stretched one is distorted vertically. That's really the only issue here. Its not textured simply because there aren't any materials linked to the model you submitted which is fine.

Really, I'd say just find a constant scale that looks good on the characters you rip and apply it to these characters and any others you rip with the same method for this game.

As for keeping the distorted ones, there's not really a reason to. It'd be much better if you just kept the fixed one's without the stretching issues.

Edit: And yeah, I'd say just use mediafire. Its one of the best sites for filehosting at the moment.
Thanked by:
Can you tell me the number you set kid buu z axis to. I'll reload these back up with the z axis scale lower and post the rest of the Budokai Tenkaichi 3 character models. I did my best to try to figure out where the textures go, and labeling them so people wouldn't have to struggle so much with that part. Can I post the stage models and vehicles too.
Thanked by:
Yeah sure post away. As for the number, I really only played around with it so I didn't have anything exact, but I'd say you should probably use something 53% on the Z axis for it. If it scales everything separately, just group all of the objects that make up what you want to scale together, scale normally, then ungroup them. Remember that this would probably be necessary for every model from that game if you use the same method of ripping for all of it. The scaling should also stay consistent though so keep that in mind too.
Thanked by:
The download link has expired. Could you uload it again, or maybe someone can mirror it?
Thanked by:
That's because its been like 5 months since he uploaded those. I've reuploaded them for you here, but I'm gonna have to warn you for bumping such an old thread bud.
Thanked by: valforwing
Wow cool shit man. Didn't really expect anyone to write back honestly, after it being a 5 month old bump.

Thanks a lot!
Thanked by:
Nice model, ty

[Image: 191Boo5.jpg]
Thanked by:
Hello I am here. I came to haunt you all again. Now on a serious note, I am looking for more Dragon Ball Z models. Google is not being helpful at all, and it even keeps bringing me here, so might as well ask. Did Mugeninfo25 rip any other models from Dragon Ball Z: Budokai Tenkaichi 3? Is he even active on here anymore?

I'm looking for Android 18 and Gotenks.
Thanked by: