Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Pokemon Battle Revolution (1st gen: 1-151)
Models ripped by pokeprojectkanto.
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=ITZEARR0

Contains ONLY 1st generation pokemon (1-151).
Models in FBX format, dds textures inside them.
If your modeller doesn't support FBX, the free FBX Converter by Autodesk ( http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/pc/...d=10775855 ) will convert it to OBJ, DAE, 3DS and some others. Available for Windows/Mac/Linux.

Textures in DDS format. Can be viewed and converted with the free XnView program ( http://www.xnview.com/en/index.html ), that is if you don't have photoshop or/and your modeller doesn't support DDS.
Thanked by:
That's actually really awesome, but I can't really accept these from you for a few reasons. The first is that you're submitting someone else's work which really isn't allowed here. You can get that person to submit it themselves, but otherwise its not something we can accept.

The second is that we really need the file formats to be the ones I specified in the submission guidelines thread. I'd be willing to accept .FBX since its actually got a fair amount of support now, but .dds files are can be bothersome to deal with. I like the format and understand that its convenient and such for games and models, but honestly .PNG files still tend to get a better file size for the quality they store. We probably have far more than enough space on the server for now, but I don't want to waste space on it needlessly.
Thanked by:
I have permission from the "author". In fact I asked if I can upload it in this site specifically.
Im just doing this for others, the "author" already send me them.

As for dds... I could convert it to png. But 151* 2 textures? And modify FBX too? First, my modeller (Blender3d) doesnt support FBX, so I would have to convert them to FBX with the converter, import them one by one in Blender, modify the materials to use png extensions for textures and export them again for Blender. Its just too much. call me an egoist, but I wont do so much work.
Thanked by:
Well, I'm not trying to be a jerk or anything by making you do a shitload of work. Part of the idea here is that these models are easily accessible. I'd rather have all of the conversions and stuff that need to be done for someone to import it dealt with already than have every person that downloads a model have to do it.

I do this when I convert every model I rip with the same rules as everyone else, leaving only a few textures in .DDS occasionally because I literally have no way convert, much less read them with any program I have. Not to mention any of the other stuff that goes in to ripping them.

I mean I can still accept these, but I'd be converting them all myself and as you've just stated, its quite tedious. That said, if you're really unwilling to do it I CAN and would be willing to convert them myself, though it would take time for every model to be converted since I have other things to deal with just like anyone else.

Edit: And no, even if I did do the converting I wouldn't be noting the fact that I did so in any of the credits. I don't mind doing it particularly, but its not at the top of my list and as I stated above isn't something I'd be able to do quickly.
Thanked by:
Ditto.

I dont have any personal gain from doing that. I take no credit, Im just posting this for someone else. So why should I?
I already did something by asking the original "author" to allow me to share it with others. But if it means doing all that... I'll pass. I don't feel like doing so much work so anonymous could use it too.

If you dont want to, dont do it yourself. You can just keep the thread and maybe some pokelover will do it.
Thanked by:
I guess I'll end up doing it then. I feel obligated since he wanted it up on the site in the first place. Would have been nice if I didn't have to do all the conversions and stuff, but I don't mind too much like I said.

Regardless, I appreciate you posting it up and it'd be great if you could thank pokeprojectkanto for me.
Thanked by:
(11-19-2010, 02:40 PM)Shadowth117 Wrote: I guess I'll end up doing it then. I feel obligated since he wanted it up on the site in the first place.
He didn't, I did. Like I said I asked him for permission to upload it here, after he shared it with me.

I'll let him know of this topic.

Thanked by:
I was able to convert all the fbx to obj but converting all the .dds, all 858 of them to .png is gonna take forever without a batch converter.

Edit: 38 of the models have UV map issues that need adjusted.

Seems I was able to convert the dds to png but now regrouping them in individual folders with their proper model will take a lot of time.
Thanked by:
Dang, nice job Zerox that was a lot of stuff to convert. Yeah if you want to upload that when you get everything sorted out that would be real great.
Thanked by:
Will do. =)
Thanked by:
BTW, you might need to edit the models in a hex editor to make them search for the textures in .png format, and not .dds

Just use HxD's "replace all..." function.
[Image: E3DU8rS.png]
Reference
♥ ♥ ♥ LOVE ♥ ♥ ♥
Omega ; Phant Mmkay ; Baegal ; Gorsal ; Drakocat ; Chaoxys ; TomGuyCott ; Chris2balls ; Mighty Jetters ; Blueblur97 ; NICKtendo DS ;
Kachua (Secret Santa) ; and some more that i need to locate, save and link onto here
Thanked by: Shadowth117
(11-18-2010, 08:20 AM)thecontact Wrote: Models ripped by pokeprojectkanto.
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=ITZEARR0

Contains ONLY 1st generation pokemon (1-151).
Models in FBX format, dds textures inside them.
If your modeller doesn't support FBX, the free FBX Converter by Autodesk ( http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/pc/...d=10775855 ) will convert it to OBJ, DAE, 3DS and some others. Available for Windows/Mac/Linux.

Textures in DDS format. Can be viewed and converted with the free XnView program ( http://www.xnview.com/en/index.html ), that is if you don't have photoshop or/and your modeller doesn't support DDS.

i really need this download for a project, are they avaible on any other website? as megaupload is dead Sad
Thanked by:
Read the rules, don't necropost
Darn, I thought someone had started a new ripping project for this game. Sad
[Image: sweet-capn-cakes-deltarune.gif]
Thanked by: