Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sandbag*
[Image: sandbag2.png]
Thanked by:
I haven't really followed this SB project but since I saw the most recent topic change from Gooey to Sandbag I decided to check it out. First, is this the style ya'll are looking for? Second, um, if I were devising this project I would complete the fighters first and worry about Sandbag later, so you would know how the different attacks would affect him. And third, there is too much of the third shade, brighten it up some if not add more shades.
[Image: seeeegaaaaaaa.gif]

SEEEEEEGAAAAAAAA!

Thanked by:
There's too much contrast between the white and the next shade, and then not enough between that shade and the darkest one.

As for number count, the style is four if needed, otherwise, try for 3.
Thanked by:
[Image: sandbag.png]

Just changed the shades, and made him slightly bigger. As I was trying to test out potential different poses, I noticed I actually accidentally made a little stance animation..

And yeah, the sprite below the line is just another random pose..
[Image: guitarmaaan.png]

Thanked by: Ton, ThePortalGuru
(11-17-2010, 03:03 AM)Tarvonas Wrote: [Image: sandbag.png]

Just changed the shades, and made him slightly bigger. As I was trying to test out potential different poses, I noticed I actually accidentally made a little stance animation..

And yeah, the sprite below the line is just another random pose..

I like these better personally. I think you guys should use the third from the left on the top.

SEEEEEEGAAAAAAAA!

Thanked by:
This is much better. I'd got for the third from left, too
Thanked by:
These actually look bad. And don't fit the sprite style very much.
I'll make my version on Friday.
~~LOVE~~ 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9.
[Image: mousey.gif]
Thanked by: StarSock64, Alpha Six
I'm rather confused about why sandbag's on priority anyway. ...It's just an item, isn't it? An item that spawns other items...? I guess it's nice to get simple things out of the way but isn't the aim to get playable? I'd think characters are way more important.

EDIT:
(11-16-2010, 12:55 AM)Runouw Wrote: I have a feeling that we should finish something easy like Sandbag next. Right? Sandbag should be easy because he doesn't need any attacks! (It would also make the character designer that much easier to program/use when you have an opponent to try out attacks on)

Oh, sorry, I forgot this post existed. So it's for the sake of testing attacks out while in the character designer? I still think there's better things to get out of the way (can't you have another character do this job in the meantime?) but it's not such a big deal I guess.

You guys have to make multiple poses for when it gets hurt and bends anyway, right? So shouldn't sandbag's normal pose should just be it standing straight up and down? That's what it does in the game after all
[Image: sxv5uJR.gif]
Thanked by:
(11-17-2010, 04:44 PM)Iceman404 Wrote: These actually look bad. And don't fit the sprite style very much.
I'll make my version on Friday.

Go for it.

(11-17-2010, 04:52 PM)StarSock64 Wrote: I'm rather confused about why sandbag's on priority anyway. ...It's just an item, isn't it? An item that spawns other items...? I guess it's nice to get simple things out of the way but isn't the aim to get playable? I'd think characters are way more important.

EDIT:
(11-16-2010, 12:55 AM)Runouw Wrote: I have a feeling that we should finish something easy like Sandbag next. Right? Sandbag should be easy because he doesn't need any attacks! (It would also make the character designer that much easier to program/use when you have an opponent to try out attacks on)

Oh, sorry, I forgot this post existed. So it's for the sake of testing attacks out while in the character designer? I still think there's better things to get out of the way (can't you have another character do this job in the meantime?) but it's not such a big deal I guess.

You guys have to make multiple poses for when it gets hurt and bends anyway, right? So shouldn't sandbag's normal pose should just be it standing straight up and down? That's what it does in the game after all

That's true too. But it seems more original to me personally for it to have a little slouch. But who know's? Let's see what Iceman can come up with.

SEEEEEEGAAAAAAAA!

Thanked by:
Yee, I think seeing as it's a sandbag.. it should just sit there, completely still. And perhaps blink every now and then.

So anyway, completely out of the blue now.. I suppose we should mainly focus on the more prioritized characters, as has been already suggested. I suppose we might as well finish off Sukapon? Seeing as you guys have already done a fair bit.
[Image: guitarmaaan.png]

Thanked by:
Of course, Sandbag still needs the animations from brawl (twist when hit, fall etc.) but I dont think that will be too hard to do.
Thanked by: