Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
My Grass VS RMXP Grass
Well making a map I noticed well using the RMXP default grass (found on the grassland tileset) that I could clearly see a 32x32 pattern. So I decided to make my own grass (yes make I did not say recolor) and the result is below in the image.

WARNING

Image is 1278x962

[Image: knp001grassland01test.th.png]

RMXP = RPG Maker XP

Which do like better?
Thanked by:
I can see your pattern. The squares just appear to be much smaller so it looks like you've used 4x as many tiles, but you definitely have a pattern going on there. Though to your credit, it's nowhere near as obvious as the original.

The only way to truly remove the square pattern is to make more than one grass tile and lay them randomly.
[Image: ndsMEF0.gif][Image: sig.gif]
Quote: (yes make I did not say recolor)
What happened to the contrast and colours!!!

Not too impressed. Try eliminating the grid by using variations of the grass tile.
Thanked by: Elk
Make four tiles, checkerboard them when in-game.
You wouldn't really have that wide an expanse of just flat trimmed grass, anyway.
[Image: ZRdfkWQ.jpg]
Thanked by:
(10-21-2010, 11:50 AM)Vipershark Wrote: I can see your pattern. The squares just appear to be much smaller so it looks like you've used 4x as many tiles, but you definitely have a pattern going on there. Though to your credit, it's nowhere near as obvious as the original.

The only way to truly remove the square pattern is to make more than one grass tile and lay them randomly.

Well the overall perpous was for the pattern not to be so obvious. I knew it had a patten. In fact it has 2 patterens, but if you only noticed the faded 32x32 pattern then I did something right.

(10-21-2010, 12:39 PM)Jim. Wrote:
Quote: (yes make I did not say recolor)
What happened to the contrast and colours!!!

Not too impressed. Try eliminating the grid by using variations of the grass tile.

Well I have showed this to a few pixel artisit and many like it. Overall I say it comes down to the opinion of the person.

(10-21-2010, 01:13 PM)Murderbeard Wrote: Make four tiles, checkerboard them when in-game.
You wouldn't really have that wide an expanse of just flat trimmed grass, anyway.

That is just with one tile I am making a few to lessen the faded pattern on mine. As for your comment about not using that much flat grass, I am aware of this. I was not going to make a detailed map just to show off some flat grass.
Thanked by:
(10-21-2010, 01:42 PM)Kage Kazumi Wrote: Well I have showed this to a few pixel artisit and many like it. Overall I say it comes down to the opinion of the person.
no
no
no
NO
NO
NO
FUCK

i fucking HATE when people do this
"yeah well i showed it to a group of talentless fuckfaces that clearly don't know what they're talking about and they liked it so i'm going to post an excuse and refuse to fix it"

get the fuck off of TSR if you're going to be like this, no one wants to be around someone who is just going to plug their ears and cry at the slightest hint of something other than asslicking being thrown their way
fuck
why do i even bother coming to this area of the forum anymore

"mommy this guy is being mean to me on the INTERNET!!!"
[Image: 1282100018446.png]
http://gas13.ru/v3/tutorials/sywtbapa_ob...g_grid.php

(felt like adding more words but the link explains itself)
Thanked by:
it's not by lowering the contrast that you'll get rid of the pattern. keep trying, and do post your experiments!
[Image: x1aIZ2e.gif]
YOU HAVE TO FEEL WHAT YOU DRAW, FEEL
[Image: shrine.gif]

Thanked by: PrettyNier
As Vipershark stated, real grass isn't all the same tile; it's interspersed with things like wildflowers, or thicker/thinner patches. It would make it more visually pleasing than an expanse of perfectly flat grass.

It's an improvement over the original definately, however.
Thanked by: Chris2Balls [:B]
Needs more noise...its just plain green flat area that way
[Image: logodarkshire24bit.png]
Thanked by:
(10-21-2010, 05:38 PM)another coyote not that one Wrote: no
no
no
NO
NO
NO
FUCK

This is what I call the mark of a child. Please do grow up.

(10-21-2010, 05:38 PM)another coyote not that one Wrote: i fucking HATE when people do this
"yeah well i showed it to a group of talentless fuckfaces that clearly don't know what they're talking about and they liked it so i'm going to post an excuse and refuse to fix it"

I was not refusing anything and I did not know that an artist who makes graphics for games for a living was talentless. I was simply stating the opinion of someone else and there is nothing wrong with that. I also took the advice of the people here as well and did not simply let it go in one ear and out the other.

(10-21-2010, 05:38 PM)another coyote not that one Wrote: get the fuck off of TSR if you're going to be like this, no one wants to be around someone who is just going to plug their ears and cry at the slightest hint of something other than asslicking being thrown their way
fuck
why do i even bother coming to this area of the forum anymore

I am a reasonable guy at times, but dealing with children like you is not worth my time to even comment, but I'll make an exception for you...

I do not like how you assumed I was saying my work was great and it did not need anyone's opinion. If this was the case I would not have posted it here in the first place. My spriting skills are mediocre at best and not that great. I know and am aware of this fact hence why I joined here to get advice and to improve what skills I do have. I am open to all critique, opinions, advice, etc. I hope that you can some day grow up and act like an adult.

(10-21-2010, 06:48 PM)CO2 Wrote: http://gas13.ru/v3/tutorials/sywtbapa_ob...g_grid.php

(felt like adding more words but the link explains itself)

Thank you, I have book marked it to read later.

(10-22-2010, 04:20 PM)Chris2Balls [:B] Wrote: it's not by lowering the contrast that you'll get rid of the pattern. keep trying, and do post your experiments!

So should I increase the contrast?

Quote:
(10-22-2010, 07:26 PM)BynineB Wrote: As Vipershark stated, real grass isn't all the same tile; it's interspersed with things like wildflowers, or thicker/thinner patches. It would make it more visually pleasing than an expanse of perfectly flat grass.

It's an improvement over the original definately, however.

(10-24-2010, 06:26 AM)Elk Wrote: Needs more noise...its just plain green flat area that way

Well it is supposed to be flat because the software it is used in uses layers to you can add flowers, brush grass, etc to make it a little more appealing.

Unless I am misunderstanding you then feel free to explain.

Thanked by:
A little late there, don't you think?

Like,

almost a year.
[Image: FmY9K.jpg]

Thanked by:
Well it is his own thread, if he plans to update it, then so be it, if not then I'll just warn him when he proves to not update it.

I do have to say that saying no and fuck a few times to someone dismissing critique due to a grope of people liking their work already is not child like and pretty damn appropriate reaction.

It is infuriating all of the time.
M A C H I N E G U N
         ⌒°。>◡<)⌒°
             /_▄︻し┻┳═一(いち)(いち)  ┣¨┣¨┣¨┣¨┣¨┣¨┣¨┣¨┣¨┣¨┣¨
[Image: tumblr_mr2bjoHi1v1qh8espo1_400.gif][Image: NfIxSTK.gif]
Thanked by:
its great , thought what character is that 1?
Thanked by:
I FELT LIKE WARNING YOU FOR MAKING ME BELIEVE 1UP WAS BACK.
Thanked by: