Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Megaman 7 (or new style)
Smile 
My second posting on the site, I hope you will accept it, I would be grateful =)

This sheet, I made for project of my fangame, but I decided post one sheet version for public use, and here contain sprites based on 8-bit classic moviments, also MVC and MMX5 poses. I focused more on using MM7 as a base for expressions, and color palettes, some sprites from MM7 were also edited the size to my sheet.
I believe it is useful for FanGames and animations. =)

[Image: megamann7th.png]
[Image: megaman7newstyle.png]

I thank you in advance, and hopefully that you accept it Genki ^_^
Thanked by:
Cooler sprite. I are new in this forum
Thanked by:
so you basically aded MVC's taunt's and a spining animation to the genesis's megaman?
Thanked by:
(10-12-2010, 08:39 PM)/■/ Wrote: so you basically aded MVC's taunt's and a spining animation to the genesis's megaman?

No, I did the whole body from scratch, in many frames, it was not just a job to resize the sprites, I work three weeks to finish this.
Thanked by:
This is not at all the Genesis Megaman, Metaru...
Thanked by: Garamonde
yeah, I've only used Megaman from Genesis, only for help me with the walk sprite, for do more frames based on 8-bit walks.
Thanked by:
Hmm, I'm going to move this to Sprite Discussion.
[Image: b1.php?u=39480955]
Quote:You had wasted MY LIFE... waiting for just a goddamn bunnelby model.
-The prestigious Farlavor
Thanked by:
i don't know how does this relates to sprite discussion at all. i dont see what should ve discussed about this actually
Thanked by:
...67%?

[Image: FmY9K.jpg]

(10-12-2010, 08:53 PM)Tonberry2k Wrote: Hmm, I'm going to move this to Sprite Discussion.

Thanks, any help is welcome, although I already have finished the sheet and posted in some places, but I accept help, yes ^ ^, thanks. just I do not like to change the basis of the sprites, maybe just some animation.
Thanked by:
can you actually specify how much of this is an edit, and how much of this is actually "your" work?
Thanked by: Elk, Iceman404
(10-12-2010, 09:00 PM)/■/ Wrote: can you actually specify how much of this is an edit, and how much of this is actually "your" work?

well, I did all the sprites, all right, I edited only one or another (perhaps the slip and walk as I said), the head was taken from Megaman Soccer (who had only two or three directions, I had to make other) , and the rest is my work Embarassed
Thanked by:
Making things so based on existing sprites is not a good idea. Examples are cool. Grabbing things off of different sprites is not, because everyone is automatically going to be reminded of those things. You're always gonna come off as a "less-professional version of so-and-so." The quality also jumps between what you based/grabbed on other things and what you did from scratch. You might as well make some with their own style.

Mega Man 7 has some pretty ugly sprites anyway, I dunno why people insist on using them
[Image: sxv5uJR.gif]
Thanked by: Vipershark, Iceman404
(10-12-2010, 09:16 PM)StarSock64 Wrote: Making things so based on existing sprites is not a good idea. Examples are cool. Grabbing things off of different sprites is not, because everyone is automatically going to be reminded of those things. You're always gonna come off as a "less-professional version of so-and-so." The quality also jumps between what you based/grabbed on other things and what you did from scratch. You might as well make some with their own style.

Mega Man 7 has some pretty ugly sprites anyway, I dunno why people insist on using them

Yeah, you're right, but it was exactly what I did, I took with the exemple original sprites, and I not put them up and turned into mine. I just used the base as look at the frames, and joints. I can say that this was a work of mine, not an edit of the fifth category Embarassed I know I'm not the best spriter of world, but my sheet is not bad, huh?.

PS: I agree that many of MM7 sprites are horrible, ugly indeed =P.
Thanked by:
The feet, the arms, the colors, and the shading are too similar to mm7. I'd really like to see you try to experiment and be a little more original Smile

I really have to finish my own MM sprite someday, mm...
[Image: sxv5uJR.gif]
Thanked by: Iceman404