Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Dragon Force (1)
The sprites have been ripped, now we just have to compile them. FaustWolf gave me all the files he'd ripped and told me to knock myself out putting them together in nice sheets. I'll have some long nights in front of Paintshop Pro ahead of me.

To get things started, here are the items and a section icon.

And of course, many thanks to Fenrisul, whose Sprout program made all of this sensibly possible.

@TSR Staff: Please redownload Mikazuki, Vlad and Ra Deli sheets. Mikazuki had a background/transparency color mix-up, Ra Deli had an incomplete sheet (no name!), and Vlad had an old line of text from a rough draft version of the sheet that made no sense at all in the version I had previously uploaded. Thank you.

Also please redownload Somallion's sheet. I aligned all the sprites and found two that were overlapping.

[Image: dfsection.png]

Monarchs
[Image: dfwein.png][Image: dfgoldark.png][Image: dfteiris.png][Image: dfmikazuki.png][Image: dfreinhart.png]

Generals
[Image: dflowe.png][Image: dfradeli.png][Image: dfsoma.png][Image: dfvlad.png]
[Image: dfgulen.png][Image: dfhorai.png][Image: dfkhaz.png]

Army Units
[Image: dfarcher.png][Image: dfbeast.png][Image: dfcavalry.png][Image: dfdragon.png][Image: dfharpy.png][Image: dfmage.png]
[Image: dfmonk.png][Image: dfninja.png][Image: dfsamurai.png][Image: dfsoldier.png][Image: dfzombie.png]

Miscellaneous
[Image: dfitems.png]
Thanked by: Ton
Wait until tomorrow, peeps. This thread's about to get a lot better.
Thanked by:
Nah, I didn't do much besides participate in the investigative discussion years ago. When Fenrisul created SPROUT from the accumulated knowledge, collecting all the sprites was a snap. I'm glad you've finally come along to arrange them. I've had it on my to-do list since 2007 but I just wasn't able to make the time. It's really given me an appreciation for just how much work goes into the sheet arrangement process!
Thanked by:
I'm glad someone is doing the rest of these. There are tons of commanders and my method of ripping didn't include the sprites for the graphical effects.
Thanked by:
Yeah, and even what Faust gave me isn't complete. The Junon sheet he did way back in 2008 wasn't even complete. It was missing the flame overlay for Meteor Shower. And going through his soldier unit sheets,t here were a couple sprites missing that I just happened to catch. I'm not sitting here making sure everything's lined up such that the animation will flow smoothly -- that's the job of whoever decides to use these in a game -- but I'm still being fairly thorough as I"m going through what Faust already started on.

But until I get debug mode to work, I don't think I'll up the ghost just yet. The reason I say that is, at no fault to Faust, but what he had set up as a 3-frame idle animation may in fact be a 2-frame idle with the end of the summoning animation accidentally tacked on there. No real biggy, but it would confuse anyone not familiar with that particular sprite. And, as I pointed out on GameFAQs forum and to Faust via email, about half that sheet looks to be unused sprites. But then, a lot of people never even knew about Kyoem's (or whatever his name is) Phantasm skill to summon a ninja army. So I'm wondering if the sprites were indeed used but that no one has ever seen them.

[Image: dfarcher.png][Image: dfbeast.png][Image: dfcavalry.png][Image: dfdragon.png][Image: dfharpy.png][Image: dfmage.png]
[Image: dfmonk.png][Image: dfninja.png][Image: dfsamurai.png][Image: dfsoldier.png][Image: dfzombie.png]
(09-27-2010, 10:13 AM)DarkWolf Wrote: I'm glad someone is doing the rest of these. There are tons of commanders and my method of ripping didn't include the sprites for the graphical effects.

Yeah, your site was pretty barren. Big Grin But still, it made me shed a tear. Seeing all the poses was almost too much for me. Then I found Fenrisul's upload of the meeting rooms and the title screen and I nearly had a heart attack.
Thanked by:
Jeez, those thumbnail icons turned out beautifully.
Thanked by:
These are pretty awesome sprites. Good job!
[Image: b1.php?u=39480955]
Quote:You had wasted MY LIFE... waiting for just a goddamn bunnelby model.
-The prestigious Farlavor
Thanked by:
Some generals will be coming inn a couple hours. I'm going to keep the spells separate, even though they have their own sprites. It will just make it a little easier for me in the long run, I think. Like, all the Dragons in one, all the Aura Shots in one, all the Sonics in one. That and I don't want to deal with them all just yet. >_> But yeah, I"ll have a few of the generals up later today.

FAUST! CHECK YOUR EMAIL PLZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

edit: too tired. i'll upload what I have and more tomorrow morning first thing.
Thanked by:
Just be aware there are some duplicates on the commanders. Even ones that have the same color, so you might want to do only one sheet for those and just include the multiple names. It's weird to see a game that came out at this time use a raw storage scheme for sprites with such duplication. I guess since they had the space they decided to not waste time on trimming things down.

(09-27-2010, 04:29 PM)TheouAegis Wrote: Yeah, your site was pretty barren. Big Grin

I was pretty much the only contributor, which is why I'm posting things here instead of keeping PW updated. I still prefer individual sprites to sheets, but it appears that's not what people want. I still keep individual copies for myself though.
Thanked by:
I thoguht about doing palette swaps. The thing is, the generals actually have different poses. Originally I thought about just doing like you said, more or less, with one palette in the sheet and then put all the profiles in together. Maybe i will. That's why i haven't uploaded anything JUST yet. I'll have to make palette swaps in order to do that, though. It'll take me longer.

So for i have Mikhal, Vlad, Lowe, Link, Somaleon (these last 3 Wein's men), and Reinhart's top-hatted magician dude. Maybe I'll keep Link in a separate sheet and put the rest of the knights in a multi-palette sheet, since he's one of the main generals.
Thanked by:
I went through and figured out which generals have unique sprites and which are (as far as I can see) palette swaps. It's always possible that what may look like a palette swap may be a different sprite due to 2 or 3 pixels being different. Don't worry, I'll keep a close eye on that. Take Galam for example. He looks nearly identical to Khazahar, but Khaz's hair is curly and sticks out past his face, while Galam's is pulled back.

Anyway, here are the generals I have organized so far.

[Image: dfmikazuki.png]
[Image: dflowe.png][Image: dfradeli.png][Image: dfsoma.png][Image: dfvlad.png]
Thanked by:
Here we go. Some more generals and monarchs. I've tried harder to align the sprites properly, which increases file sizes but makes it easier for sprite users. Some are undoubtedly wrong, but logically they make sense. J-Force has some weird sprite alignments in the game.

Ripping Teiris made me appreciate her more. I think they had fun designing her. Aside from her archer army, how can you not like her? She cowers and flails her staff when attacked. She ducks and cowers when hit. She RETREATS when she uses her rally call! Seriously, she's so freaking adorable!

[Image: dfwein.png][Image: dfgoldark.png][Image: dfteiris.png][Image: dfreinhart.png]

[Image: dfkhaz.png][Image: dfhorai.png][Image: dfgulen.png]
Thanked by:
She does seem pretty awesome. The cape is hilarious.
[Image: b1.php?u=39480955]
Quote:You had wasted MY LIFE... waiting for just a goddamn bunnelby model.
-The prestigious Farlavor
Thanked by: