Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Denjin Makai 2/Guardians Zeldia
I'm having trouble navigating this place. Can anyone tell me where's the help section here? I just want to know if there's a mame version similar to winkawaks. I had to manually edit the background for this character. It's very time consuming and it hurts my hand. I'm just using the touchpad of my laptop but I'll be buying a mouse soon. It would be a great help if I could just get rid of the stage background layer.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Thanked by: Ultimecia
Do you mind getting a screenshot for this one?
[Image: MegaEXESig.png]
Thanked by:
There's a lot of blank space, I would get rid of it.
[Image: dariC.png][Image: tumblr_mlf109xOe81rmu6i5o1_250.gif][Image: b0KxM.gif]
Thanked by:
It looks pretty good and you're not the only one with a bad hand, there seems to be quite a fair bit of blank space that needs to be cropped. As for a Kawaks alternative for MAME, well have you tried FinalBurnAlpha? I couldn't get it to work but there is a shotfactory very similar to Kawaks. Sadly though, many arcade games have to do the capturing and editing way and getting rid of the background can be tricky. If you want to go to the tile ripping way, press F4 during in game to bring up the tile viewer. There are some versions of MAME (unofficial) that can extract the tiles or make it easier to do.

According to MAME, the name is called Guardians with Denjin Makai 2 as an alternative name or at least Guardians is the considered overseas name (it seems to be only released in Japan) and two the character name is called Zeldia, not Zelda. It's okay though, it's easy to make that mistake and it is understandable.
Thanked by: Ton
(08-31-2010, 06:37 PM)Yawackhary Wrote: It looks pretty good and you're not the only one with a bad hand, there seems to be quite a fair bit of blank space that needs to be cropped. As for a Kawaks alternative for MAME, well have you tried FinalBurnAlpha? I couldn't get it to work but there is a shotfactory very similar to Kawaks. Sadly though, many arcade games have to do the capturing and editing way and getting rid of the background can be tricky. If you want to go to the tile ripping way, press F4 during in game to bring up the tile viewer. There are some versions of MAME (unofficial) that can extract the tiles or make it easier to do.

According to MAME, the name is called Guardians with Denjin Makai 2 as an alternative name or at least Guardians is the considered overseas name (it seems to be only released in Japan) and two the character name is called Zeldia, not Zelda. It's okay though, it's easy to make that mistake and it is understandable.

Nope, I haven't tried FinalburnAlpha. Do you have a website/link for the download?

Edit
After pressing F4 what do I do next? I didn't know it had that feature.

(08-31-2010, 06:25 PM)Davias Wrote: There's a lot of blank space, I would get rid of it.

That's because I'm not done yet. She's got a lot of sprites I haven't ripped yet.

(08-31-2010, 06:02 PM)Ultimecia Wrote: Do you mind getting a screenshot for this one?

Do you mean a game screenshot?
Thanked by:
(08-31-2010, 11:41 PM)rgveda99 Wrote:
(08-31-2010, 06:02 PM)Ultimecia Wrote: Do you mind getting a screenshot for this one?

Yes. So I can do the game icon
Thanked by:
(08-31-2010, 11:41 PM)rgveda99 Wrote: Nope, I haven't tried FinalburnAlpha. Do you have a website/link for the download?

Edit
After pressing F4 what do I do next? I didn't know it had that feature.

Here's the link to Final Burn Alpha: http://www.barryharris.me.uk/files/fba_029708.zip Hope it works for you.

After pressing F4, you press Enter to change between Palette, Tiles (for sprites) and TileMap (for backgrounds). When on tile view or TileMap view, pressed ] to change to the next section and [ to go back to previous section, I think you might have to keep pressing + to show the correct size (can't remember). Sadly though you can't press F12 to take a screenshot, so you have to press Alt+Enter so you can print screen it.
Thanked by:
(09-01-2010, 02:48 PM)Ultimecia Wrote:
(08-31-2010, 11:41 PM)rgveda99 Wrote:

Yes. So I can do the game icon

[Image: th_Zeldia.png?t=1283413047]
Thanked by:
I wrote a C# program a while back to help extracting sprites from backgrounds. What you do is get a few different images of the same sprite frame with different backgrounds. Then in the program, you line them up and it will remove the pixels that are different colors in each image. Depending on how different the backgrounds are determines how much work you then have to do in an image editor. Yes, it is slow, yes, it has some bugs still. I'm more of a web developer anyway Tongue. Eventually I may re-write it, or maybe I won't. Use at your own risk, no warranties or support is provided.

Download Link
Thanked by:
Downloaded the rom and took some screens myself, it's up now. It's going to be announced at the front page next time I get to update but...Who knows when? XP
Thanked by: