Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
[Virtual Boy] Innsmouth Mansion
THANK F'ING GOD IT'S FINALLY OVER! This sheet took me three days to rip. I have a very, very strong suspicion some sprites might be wrong because I had quite a few tiles left over. On the other hand, I compiled these sprites from multiple sprite sheets, so I probably used most of the leftover tiles and just forgot that I had already used them.

Why'd it take so long to do? Well, for one, I had to play the game over and over, trying to take screenshots of each angle of the monsters to see how the pieces all went together. That was actually pretty easy to do. But some pieces were in disjointed tiles, so I had to shoot monsters (they shatter into the individual pieces when they die) over and over at various angles just to see how the pieces were actually supposed to look.

And the rear view! Oh my god, was that ever a lucky break. I thought the heads were just the monsters blinking or sleeping, so originally I had them placed up with the front view. So I had all these huge sprites left over and I was thinking they must be for a boss. So I played the very last levels of the game trying to find the boss. Well, turns out there is no boss in the game. Blegh. BUT! Lucky break! As I approached the final door, there was a monster in front of it. I recognized the sprites as being the ones I hadn't used yet and thought, "Lucky! It's the boss!" Of course, as I said, there isn't a boss, but when I realized I was looking at the monster's back I knew what screen shots I'd need to piece the beast together.

God, this is such a relief. Never had this much satisfaction at work.

[Image: innsmouth.png]
[Image: insmausmon.png]
Thanked by: Ton
This seems to be a company logo, but I don't know where it appears in the game. In the ROM it's way down near the end with the Nintendo logo. I found it while looking through the ROM file in Tile Molester.

[Image: monkey.png]
Thanked by:
So much AWESOME
[Image: MegaEXESig.png]
Thanked by:
Hm, why isn't it black/red?
[Image: b1.php?u=39480955]
Quote:You had wasted MY LIFE... waiting for just a goddamn bunnelby model.
-The prestigious Farlavor
Thanked by:
(08-30-2010, 10:29 PM)Tonberry2k Wrote: Hm, why isn't it black/red?

Because those were the colors I had Tile Molester set on and it just looked natural with those colors. I mean, it looked like a monkey. If you really want to make it red, just change the three browns to reds. The black is black.
Thanked by:
*shrug* ok
[Image: b1.php?u=39480955]
Quote:You had wasted MY LIFE... waiting for just a goddamn bunnelby model.
-The prestigious Farlavor
Thanked by: