Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Character Problems
[Image: untitled-3.png]

Well, as you can already tell this is a wip, and i want some critique on what i have so far. Also, any ideas on how to shade the hair for the third guy? I'm still pretty bad at shading hair.
Life Is No Fun Without A Good Scare
Thanked by:
more than the hair, your characters need better poses. Right now, they're doing the same 1up pose, and they're very off-balance. Check that edit I did in that other thread you did.

as for the hair, shade them as chunks, not as a helmet or string by string. Will get an image soon...

EDIT: here

[Image: dffgz.png]
Spriter Gors】【Bandcamp】【Twitter】【YouTube】【Tumblr】【Portifolio
If you like my C+C, please rate me up. It helps me know I'm helping!
[Image: deT1vCJ.png]
Thanked by: Iceman404
(06-22-2010, 08:06 PM)Gors Wrote: [Image: adddo.png]

Found it, and yeah now I remember, I'll try some new poses, because Im kinda tired of using the same poses over and over too, time for something new.
Thanked by:
lots of airhump going on itt
Thanked by: Iceman404
says the master

PS: HIIIGHWAAAYYY TO THE OWNED ZONE~♪
[Image: top-gun-02.jpg]
metaru was here
Okay, really. Does ANYONE REALLY stand like that in life? At least naturally?
They really need some unique poses, or at least 2 of them should lose the air-hump.
~~LOVE~~ 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9.
[Image: mousey.gif]
Thanked by:
OK, so far the main problem is the base, and the pose, specially the air-humping pose, that is something I have to fix, I'll try something new.
And the hair is not so har, exept for the shading i have to do, but I'll show it when I got it.
Thanked by:
When making sprites try sketching a quick stick figure. It really helps.
Thanked by:
I actually never had tried that before, I only do sprites in a pose i have in my mind, never thinking of the outcome untill it gets to the point of showing it.
Thanked by:
Do something in a different pose for your next sprite.
Thanked by:
you should lose this habit and start sketching the pose first.

when I make sprites, I make a fast sketch of the pose and then I duplicate it. After that, I put the shapes on the copy and duplicate it again. I duplicate the piece every time I complete a stage so I can have a better overall view of the piece and if I mess up, I don't need to start from scratch
Thanked by:
Added to before, your "character problems" are also related to your poses, honestly the "air humping" and their faces give no character at all and are just flatout boring, they just read "heh im a dude im here" and have no diversity as they all have the same pose. In the future try to focus on each character having their own feel and personality (yes you can show this in a sprite).

it's probably too much to take in now but overtime you'll understand what I'm talking about, you can't just be good at "coloring and shading" you gotta be good at presentation too.
Thanked by:
Yeha that's what Im doing right now to get a better pose, one question, and it might sound very stupid.
Anatomy applys to the quick sketch too doesnt it?
Thanked by:
yes, the sketch also needs to follow anatomy. Imagine the skecth as a wireframe of your work. The way you posed it will directly reflect in your finished piece.
Thanked by: Mabelma
I'll try something, it might take time thoguth, but I'll try my best in it.
Thanked by: Sengir