Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Cloud Strife (Final Fantasy Series)
Ok, before you all start asking why Cloud again, I will explain my choice:
In the early times that I played ssb, I thoght that some character should represent the final fantasy series. Some time has passed and the idea of creating a char continued. So, when I came to this project, I started to think about who could be, and since cloud is the more famous of then, I picked him.

Well, that is the progress I've already done:
[Image: cloudidle.png]

In sequence:
Cloud without sword;
Cloud with buster sword;
Cloud with buster sword scratched;
Link and Marth (size comparation);
AC cloud;
AC cloud with main sword of 6 pieces sword;
Ac cloud with complete 6 piece sword;
palete;
swords example.

My idea is to make cloud with 6 pieces sword (I think this is his more iconic weapon, since he uses buster sword as a "cript" and leave it), use his AC clothes as second costume and a new mechanic for him: the sword can be separated in other pieces, and it will turn in a item.

I though 3 movesets for him:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
This moveset is based on the movie, so cloud has the 6 pieces sword:

Neutral B -> Limit Break:
The limit break uses diferents attacks from the FFVII game. What attack is used depends of the amount of damaged you took since the last time you used the special (e.g. if you took 30% damage since you used the neutral b, you will use Meteorain if you use special attack). The order is: Braver > Cross Slash > Blade Beam > Climhazard > Meteorain > Finishing Touch.

Side B -> Throw:
Yeah, it's the throw materia. Every item you have in hand is throwed straight forward, without gravity effets. If you don't have any item you throw a piece of your sword. If you have only your main piece, you do nothing =P. This move was intended to hurry your recuperation from a fall (see below for more details).

Down B -> Sword Detach:
You split your sword into the main one and a single piece, turning it into a item. You have 5 swords to saparate, the last one can't be used as item. You can throw them, so if it lands in a wall with enough speed, it will partially enter in the wall, and if it hits an enemy, it wil stun him for about 1/4 seconds.

Up B -> Sword Seeker:
Cloud dashes in the direction os the nearest piece of his sword and pick it. You can throw a sword in the air only to recuperate yourself from a fall. If the sword has hitted a wall, he will momently try to pull it. If it's at a enemy, he will strike the enemy in order to pick his sword.

Final Smash -> Omnislash:
Like said, OMNISLASH. It has two version: with uncomplete sword and with completed sword. The uncompleted version is the ps1 version, very similar with great eather, and it seems to have some others limit breaks on it. The completed version is the movie version, where's every sword fly upward and cloud do something like hidden lotus (rock lee, from naruto), he slashes in lightning fast and almost ramdomly, picking and leaving the flutuating swords, with sometype of clones delivering the final blow (youtube for curious). This version makes all the swords lands on the ground, leaving the work of reunit all to you.

P.S.:
When a sword fall in the stage, it backs like a normal item (even if the item off option is selected), and everyone can pick it like a normal item.
Cloud starts with heavy weight and considerable damage, but as you loses pieces, he starts to get light and weaky, though his attack with the sword as an item is faster than the integral one.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This moveset is based on the game for ps1, so cloud has the buster sword:

Neutral B -> Limit Break:
Same as above.

Side B -> Critical Hit:
If cloud's at ground, he starts charging forward with his sword sliding into the ground as the player holds the B button. When it is released, cloud deliver an upward slash, and the damage is based on the distance you have ran. If you are in the air, cloud simply gives the upward cut, hopping a little forward.

Down B -> Defend:
This move completely nulls the damage of some attack (it can have exceptions), but it can charge up the limit break (it can have some atribuitions that don't turn it overpowered, like delay).

Up B -> Dunno:
Well, i don't have any ideia =P, but it can be something like the other rpg characters (marth) have, a created-just-for-this-game attack, but nothing with throwing sword/simply go up/spinning attack.

Final Smash: Omnislash:
Same as the uncompleted sword version (above).
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
This moveset is based on the FF Dissidia, so cloud has the Limit Breaks distributed for his attacks:

Neutral B -> Blabe Beam:
Cloud spams a blade projectile that in contact with the enemy spreads in
a smallest version five direction (up, fwrd, down and diagonals), with less range.

Side B -> Climhazard:
Cloud stabs his sword forward. If he don't get anyone, the move stops. If yes, he does a great jump and throw the enemy backward (don't know how to explain very well, is better to already have saw the move to understand what I said).

Down B -> Finishing Touch:
Chargeable. Cloud send a hurricane that does a minimum damage, but can send someone flying upward depending of the charge.

Up B -> Braver:
Very semilar to kirby up special, the diference is that cloud don't get falling very fast at the final and he does a downward stab (isn't meteor smash) in the highest moment of the move.

Final Smash: Omnislash:
Same as the uncompleted sword version (above).

P.S.:
The other limits will occur with other attacks, and they aren't a fixed idea, so plz give suggestions.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Final Considerations:

-Cloud is like a stick with muscules, stay with it on mind while editing...

-The choice of cloud based on the movie can be comparated with lucario and jigglypuff's neutral b.

-Although cloud is not in the nintendo's consoles, snakes designes aren't to.

-Don't want a materia as moveset (throw is exception, because it is here to improve the gameplay of cloud). Materia is to generic to use as moves (even if its subdivided), so if someone wants to exeist materias in this universe, it must be itens.

-Everithing I've wrighted means my opnion, and it can change.

-Sorry for pile of text above >.>

-English isn't my nature language, so sorry with errors (and you can include this phrase =P)

-Sorry for this infame final considerations =P.
Thanked by:
Final roster has been made.
茶 = Tea
Thanked by:
Yeah, we have our roster. Sorry. It's an awesome start though, so please feel free to finish.
[Image: b1.php?u=39480955]
Quote:You had wasted MY LIFE... waiting for just a goddamn bunnelby model.
-The prestigious Farlavor
Thanked by:
Sorry to let you down for all your hard work, but we've already decided on final characters.

Cloud will not be in this Smash Bros game, period, so I suppose this thread should probably be locked.

EDIT: Moved is better Smile You're doing excellently, Raid. You'll surely be a great help with the Smash Bros project.
[Image: Bear2.png]
[Image: tumblr_ljk17tWfME1qd7kbno1_250.gif]
Thanked by:
Oh, right, I though the characters still were able to be added, and the final sheets will be send to the custom section.
Sorry for the trouble.
Thanked by:
Nah, no reason for it to be locked. This is probably the best Cloud sheet I've seen and to not let him finish would be a terrible idea. Raid, please feel free to help on any other character on the roster though! You definitely look like you can handle it.
Thanked by:
Yep, i think i will give prioriti to ssb project rather to this sheet, but i don't will leave it.
Thanked by:
Cool! Big Grin
Thanked by:
I might not be in the ssb project but I don't see a reason to don't add his sheet into the custom session of the site or add him as a later add-on with some other characters/backgrounds that might appear along the way. Just a thought
[Image: MegaEXESig.png]
Thanked by: