I will improve off of responses Smile
Thanked by:
where is his neck?
M A C H I N E G U N
         ⌒°。>◡<)⌒°
             /_▄︻し┻┳═一(いち)(いち)  ┣¨┣¨┣¨┣¨┣¨┣¨┣¨┣¨┣¨┣¨┣¨
[Image: tumblr_mr2bjoHi1v1qh8espo1_400.gif][Image: NfIxSTK.gif]
Thanked by:
(06-04-2010, 09:02 PM)Kat Wrote: where is his neck?

..............in the "I haven't finished this area........I'll get on that, and this is supposed to be loosly based on SMW mario.
Thanked by:
You should really make it look less like a Super Mario World edit.

Thanked by:
(06-04-2010, 09:02 PM)Kat Wrote: where is his neck?

Its hard for me to do necks, going to take a bit to get right.
Thanked by:
First I suggest you stay away from default colors and try to work with different custom colors, mario's gut seems to be too low and a bit too big to the point where he has no legs, and he should be shorter.

as a first sprite, not too bad, but try to work on getting better form such as limbs in the future, because this sprite is pretty much lacking that.
Thanked by:
Ok, here is an updated one, with a "neck" (note to self, expect harsh criticizing on it) [Image: custommario.png]
(06-04-2010, 09:07 PM)JarJar Wrote: First I suggest you stay away from default colors and try to work with different custom colors, mario's gut seems to be too low and a bit too big to the point where he has no legs, and he should be shorter.

as a first sprite, not too bad, but try to work on getting better form such as limbs in the future, because this sprite is pretty much lacking that.

Thank you, I'll get on it.
Thanked by:
Nope, it just looks like he has a bigger jaw, and hes taller now. You should probably just make him luigi.
Thanked by:
(06-04-2010, 09:10 PM)JarJar Wrote: Nope, it just looks like he has a bigger jaw, and hes taller now. You should probably just make him luigi.

I don't know how to make it a neck then, if i made it look like ajaw, how to I make it look like a neck?
Thanked by:
look at a neck and study how a neck would actually look?
Thanked by: Cobalt Blue
Ok, its starting to look like Luigi, but here it is (probably going to change it into Luigi and then fix the post so it says custom mario bros) I will get back to a more "Mario design, but here. [Image: custommario.png]
Ok, here is the Mario Bros batch. [Image: custommario.png]
Thanked by:
it seems its a common trait that people spriting mario has to ignore shoulders, knees and necks.

as for the sprite, try to look for a less stiff pose, or at least one that actually allows you to show a character's volume and depth. right now it seems mario was carved on white clay.
Thanked by:
Hey, people, does this guy remind you of SuperWeegee1 or what ?
The use of shy smilies on a thread title.
Making pointless mario sprites.
(Su-per--lui---gi--man
(Su-per-wee-gee-one

I'm getting doubts...
[Image: E3DU8rS.png]
Reference
♥ ♥ ♥ LOVE ♥ ♥ ♥
Omega ; Phant Mmkay ; Baegal ; Gorsal ; Drakocat ; Chaoxys ; TomGuyCott ; Chris2balls ; Mighty Jetters ; Blueblur97 ; NICKtendo DS ;
Kachua (Secret Santa) ; and some more that i need to locate, save and link onto here
Thanked by: triptych, Rosencrantz
(06-05-2010, 04:08 AM)Lexou Wrote: Hey, people, does this guy remind you of SuperWeegee1 or what ?
The use of shy smilies on a thread title.
Making pointless mario sprites.
(Su-per--lui---gi--man
(Su-per-wee-gee-one

I'm getting doubts...
Wow, I checked the IP and you were spot on. Good show.