Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Level Up! Textures
Big Grin 
Hi! I was just bored sitting on my butt all day so I decided to rip out "Level-Up!" overworld textures. Please enjoy, mess around with them. Tongue

[Image: leveluptext.png]

P.S, I was lazy when I did this. Blame me if it's a little dirty. Smile
[Image: sigxn.png]
Thanked by:
This was made with print-screens?
Sorry, but it have lots of pixels, or... is that really on textures of this game?
Also I already played, its awesome!
Thanked by:
(05-31-2010, 04:58 PM)gabrielwoj Wrote: This was made with print-screens?
Sorry, but it have lots of pixels, or... is that really on textures of this game?

Those are actually pixels from the game. I wanted to re size them a little so they look [i]ALOT[i] like pixels that are mini!

Sorry for that. Cute
Thanked by:
(05-31-2010, 05:16 PM)Steven Wrote:

Those are actually pixels from the game. I wanted to re size them a little so they look [i]ALOT[i] like pixels that are mini!

Sorry for that. Cute

You can't resize O:
If I remember!
Thanked by:
(05-31-2010, 05:58 PM)gabrielwoj Wrote:

Sorry for that. Cute

You can't resize O:
If I remember!

I only resized it a wee bit.
Thanked by:
Sorry, but these rips are pretty damn messy.

Even with print screen, you can rip each of the sprites perfectly with some time and effort.

Example: A clean version of the gem below

[Image: w98wut.png]

Remember, save as PNG and NEVER USE THE GOD DAMN RESIZE TOOL.

It's fine just keeping the sprite at proper size.

Another example of The Girl, again using just the printscreen function.

[Image: w0stw9.png]
Thanked by:
I don't mean to be rude but your sheet is an example of what to avoid in a sheet.

As TheProtalGruru and gabrielwoj said : no resize is allowed. Of any kind. End case.
The second point is the way you 'cleaned' it up: real messy, the sprites lost their quality and definition, lots of weird sprites that weren't supposed to be there. This is both because the sprites are resized and because you cleaned it using an inappropriate method. A "little dirty"? It's way too dirty.
And lastly, the sheet itself. I don't mind if you like to make your sheets big, but some pointers are nice: try to get the width under 600 or 800 (bigger than that only if you don't have a choice) and do a better use of your space.

I guess it's all. If you have any question, please feel free to ask ;p
[Image: MegaEXESig.png]
Thanked by:
(06-01-2010, 04:06 AM)Ultimecia Wrote: I don't mean to be rude but your sheet is an example of what to avoid in a sheet.

As TheProtalGruru and gabrielwoj said : no resize is allowed. Of any kind. End case.
The second point is the way you 'cleaned' it up: real messy, the sprites lost their quality and definition, lots of weird sprites that weren't supposed to be there. This is both because the sprites are resized and because you cleaned it using an inappropriate method. A "little dirty"? It's way too dirty.
And lastly, the sheet itself. I don't mind if you like to make your sheets big, but some pointers are nice: try to get the width under 600 or 800 (bigger than that only if you don't have a choice) and do a better use of your space.

I knew I shouldn't have read the rules too fast. Cry
Thanked by:

Sorry for that. Cute

Naw joe the point is you're not suppose to resize because that ruins the quality of the sprites, and even if you choose to resize the sprites don't do it by hand resize exactly by like 200 or something or else your resizing will end up looking really messy. Try putting the sprites together, and using a smaller font, also you should cut the sprite PERFECTLY when ripping, and not do something half-assed, and hope that the user ignore it and fix it all themselves, because if that were the case then they might as well rip their own sprites. Good Luck On Your Future Sheets Steven!
Thanked by: Steven
(06-01-2010, 04:06 AM)Ultimecia Wrote: I don't mean to be rude but your sheet is an example of what to avoid in a sheet.

Yes... I have some problems with canvars size, but if your rip needs to be a little more bigger, it's possible, like: "680/615/650"... But sometimes too, the only way is passing sometimes, I don't recommend you stay a BIG FREE space on the sheet...
Also, there are some games what have some bad quality, and example... Let me see...
Trackmania, there are some alpha pixels on signs... But it's like the original...
But if you resize, damn up, it will be so dirty, what you really can't use magic wand to retire the background (magic wand is a fuction of GIMP, Paint.net and others)
Some tips I can give:
1. Never try print screens rips, try getting .swf and opening what is inside.
2. NEVER RESIZE!
3. Don't pass through 600x(number) [Or if need it, pass it a little]
4. Do not fix what is crappy, like some weird pixels on the original image.
5. And try to not do that errors again! It's really important!

Thanks for colaboration,
"My english is bad, but I have a good enough"

Recomedation: Try to rip it again, take a effort, it normally does!
Thanked by:
Just another suggestion:

You might not want to label all of the sprites on a sheet. Most people can probably figure out those things in the upper right corner are clouds. It will save some space (and effort).
Thanked by:
(06-01-2010, 01:33 PM)DarkWolf Wrote: Just another suggestion:

You might not want to label all of the sprites on a sheet. Most people can probably figure out those things in the upper right corner are clouds. It will save some space (and effort).

Yes, another one:
You don't need to make all sheets on just one... Try separating, sometimes we from TSR put general rips, sometimes! But if you are pretend to rip more "level up" sprites, separate on other sheets... and follow all the suggestions.
Thanked by:
...That rip is so depressing I've decided to rip this game myself. See you guys in about two days!
Thanked by:
(06-01-2010, 02:16 PM)Carpaccio Wrote: ...That rip is so depressing I've decided to rip this game myself. See you guys in about two days!

See! Big Grin
Thanked by:
Smile 
Wow! Blame me! Thanks! Here is a MUCH more cleaner version. Thanks for the tips. New sprite sheet:

[Image: leveluptext.png]

Sorry for the removal of the wasp, that thing was to darn fast for me to get a clear shot of it. Blank

Well, I ripped out 2 surprises you might like anyways. Have fun!
Thanked by: