Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
lizard and a shoggoth
3D Modelling 
[Image: dzfouo.png]
I've been working on this single sprite for years.
It's never going to get done, and I know it, but I may as well get some advice on shit.
See, I want him to look like this;
http://jesus-lizard.deviantart.com/#/d2phm6s
What should I do with what?
I mostly just want advice on his toes, because I hate them.

Also made this Lovecraftian beasty:
[Image: nwwis6.png]
It's a shoggoth
I'm never going to do anything with this thing, but Id like crit so I know what to do better next time I sprite an amorphous blob (which is surprisingly much more fun than spriting humanoid characters.)
[Image: garrybeusymonsters.gif]
Thanked by:
Ten threads down the page?
Fucking hell, people come on.
Thanked by:
you should try to avoid using the same tone for both outlines and shading. it usually doesn't work unless some certain conditions, and even then, it looks really ugly.

and less dithering in general. as in noy dithering it at all. the shading on the shotgun(he see how i comically misspelled it)

there is this genesis game called Dino City that you might find useful for some references.
Thanked by:
So you make a sprite you're discontinuing but you want advice so you use explicit words to get people's attention on something nobody cares about.
Thanked by:
(05-29-2010, 10:11 PM)Super Mario Wrote: So you make a sprite you're discontinuing but you want advice so you use explicit words to get people's attention on something nobody cares about.

Apparently thast what he is doing
[Image: Copyof3Colors.png]
Thanked by:
that or you both are completely stupid useless.
the colors need more contrast, I can't distinguish the green shades very well

the lizard's head is in profile while his body is in 3/4, you might want to change it

and make the sprite overall cleaner.
Spriter Gors】【Bandcamp】【Twitter】【YouTube】【Tumblr】【Portifolio
If you like my C+C, please rate me up. It helps me know I'm helping!
[Image: deT1vCJ.png]
Thanked by:
The feet are hell too big. Reducing needed.

Also, the head looking to the right but the body is 3/4.
[Image: E3DU8rS.png]
Reference
♥ ♥ ♥ LOVE ♥ ♥ ♥
Omega ; Phant Mmkay ; Baegal ; Gorsal ; Drakocat ; Chaoxys ; TomGuyCott ; Chris2balls ; Mighty Jetters ; Blueblur97 ; NICKtendo DS ;
Kachua (Secret Santa) ; and some more that i need to locate, save and link onto here
Thanked by:
In reply to the coloration advice, my computer darkens pallets when I upload/download them to the internet for reasons unknown to me.

Tear it to even smaller shreds people, I want to improve and learn as much as possible from this.
Thanked by:
Why is everything on the lizard man dithered the same way?

and i mean everything
Thanked by:
Was trying to replicate scales. :c

Suggest games with rpetiles in them so I can learn to shade them right.
Thanked by:
Hmm...I looked around but most reptile sprites that small don't show scales. In this case a scale would be much smaller than a single pixel, so you're better off shading normally for now.

btw the dithering is most noticeable on the clothes.
Thanked by:
I'm attempting to start over on mr.lizard.
Rough outline:
[Image: 2hg4rpe.png]
BeforeI continue, what should be done to the line work?
There's something wrong with the tail, but I can't figure it out or fix it.
Thanked by:
The edge of the tail is too fat, the feet are too big, and again, his face is not facing the same way than his body.
[Image: E3DU8rS.png]
Reference
♥ ♥ ♥ LOVE ♥ ♥ ♥
Omega ; Phant Mmkay ; Baegal ; Gorsal ; Drakocat ; Chaoxys ; TomGuyCott ; Chris2balls ; Mighty Jetters ; Blueblur97 ; NICKtendo DS ;
Kachua (Secret Santa) ; and some more that i need to locate, save and link onto here
Thanked by:
I suggest you using stick figures to help you build his pose. Making small bits of the body and then gluing them together doesn't give you 100% accuracy proportion-wise.
Spriter Gors】【Bandcamp】【Twitter】【YouTube】【Tumblr】【Portifolio
If you like my C+C, please rate me up. It helps me know I'm helping!
[Image: deT1vCJ.png]
Thanked by: