Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Uritor, The artic snow cone...
Thumbs Up 
Lol so my friend told me a couple weeks ago that we was making a Pokemon mod... and hes like "Hey you can use paint! Make me a legendary ice Pokemon" And of course I took this job with full seriousness (yea right)

Enter Uritor the walking snow cone!
[Image: Uritor342.png]

The wip... [Image: thing1-1.png]

Anyways thought Id share some Lol's with you guys, enjoy.

ps: doesnt his face look like a care bear?

[Image: uritor7aa.png]

-Cropped eyes and made them smaller
-Made teeth straight I hope
-Choose to go with the pure ice tail and made the outline better
Thanked by:
Eyes & Mouth are F***ed up beyond belief.
Make the eyes smaller and the teeth straight.
[Image: E3DU8rS.png]
Reference
♥ ♥ ♥ LOVE ♥ ♥ ♥
Omega ; Phant Mmkay ; Baegal ; Gorsal ; Drakocat ; Chaoxys ; TomGuyCott ; Chris2balls ; Mighty Jetters ; Blueblur97 ; NICKtendo DS ;
Kachua (Secret Santa) ; and some more that i need to locate, save and link onto here
Thanked by:
(05-26-2010, 12:19 PM)Lexou Wrote: Eyes & Mouth are F***ed up beyond belief.
Make the eyes smaller and the teeth straight.

Well I don't really need to fix him anymore.. because I already sent him the pokemon.. but I guess I could make the eyes smaller just for the heck of it. Oh but I wanted his teeth to curve. Thanks for your comment.
Thanked by:
(05-26-2010, 12:30 PM)Skirb Wrote: Well I don't really need to fix him anymore..
if you're honestly going to post something here and then have this attitude about it, just get out
I agree with 1up. If your just going to post something just to say "hey guys look at what i did last summer! and im not going to change it because i like it" well then, you can go away.
[Image: Copyof3Colors.png]
Thanked by:
Wow wow, I didn't mean it like that at all. I meant that my friend is already using it.. so giving him a sprite with just smaller eyes would seem like a bother to him. Sorry for the misunderstanding, I said I was willing to update it for fun and that's what I'm going to do. I am not someone who doesn't take criticism. I like to read every comment and I try discuss it; when I said the teeth are supposed to be curved that's because that's how he is designed, if they weren't meant to be like that Id be on that problem right away. Again, sorry for coming off as something that I am definitely not.

-Skirb
Thanked by: Poetic_Alias
But it doesn't make any sense. It looks stupid, because they're teeth. Maybe if you made them crooked it would look better. A rule of thumb for designs like this, either keep something in a status quo or exaggerate it, especially if you don't know what you're doing entirely design-wise.
Thanked by:
(05-26-2010, 05:06 PM)Ti Amo Tre Volte Più Wrote: But it doesn't make any sense. It looks stupid, because they're teeth. Maybe if you made them crooked it would look better. A rule of thumb for designs like this, either keep something in a status quo or exaggerate it, especially if you don't know what you're doing entirely design-wise.

Hmm... I see what your saying... because it's not an obvious feature it comes off as something that is incorrect and looks funny... I guess I'll change them to looking straight then. Thank you very much.
Thanked by:
this looks like an horrible edit of something else. as if you pasted all sorts of random features over the body of something else.
Thanked by: Marth
Wow, I can't believe how quick you guys were to attack him.

In my opinion, it's not all that bad. The only issues are that the curved teeth look odd and the tail could use some work.
Thanked by:
(05-26-2010, 08:17 PM)Poetic_Alias Wrote: Wow, I can't believe how quick you guys were to attack him.
point out one single unhelpful comment here
other than this one
Thanked by: Cobalt Blue, Gors, Gwen
(05-26-2010, 08:34 PM)princaipal wailson Wrote:
(05-26-2010, 08:17 PM)Poetic_Alias Wrote: Wow, I can't believe how quick you guys were to attack him.
point out one single unhelpful comment here
other than this one

I never said your comments were unhelpful. Just a bit intimidating or impatient.
Thanked by:
that may be, but he already pointed out that it was a big misunderstanding and legitimately tried to improve, so there was literally no reason at all to come into this thread and go "Hey guys, hey. you guys sure came into this thread and acted like its normal to act when giving crits on tsr pretty fast"
seriously, it always surprises me when people try to point that out

if you're going to come to tsr to get crits, you'll find that 90% of the threads contain posts with a slightly pissed off overtone because everyone who posts here(for the most part) is tired of seeing people with legitimate talent never get the chance to improve because of the people that do nothing but give praises and asskisses(you. this is you)
Thanked by:
(05-26-2010, 08:48 PM)princaipal wailson Wrote: that may be, but he already pointed out that it was a big misunderstanding and legitimately tried to improve, so there was literally no reason at all to come into this thread and go "Hey guys, hey. you guys sure came into this thread and acted like its normal to act when giving crits on tsr pretty fast"
seriously, it always surprises me when people try to point that out

if you're going to come to tsr to get crits, you'll find that 90% of the threads contain posts with a slightly pissed off overtone because everyone who posts here(for the most part) is tired of seeing people with legitimate talent never get the chance to improve because of the people that do nothing but give praises and asskisses(you. this is you)

I suppose you're right. My bad. I think it might be that the last sprite community I was a part of had gentler criticisms in comparison to TSR. Though you are right. people do get impatient. I just feel that most people shouldn't give this same attitude to newcomers because of past experiences. Still, I should probably get used to it.
Thanked by:
(05-26-2010, 08:56 PM)Poetic_Alias Wrote: I suppose you're right. My bad. I think it might be that the last sprite community I was a part of had gentler criticisms in comparison to TSR. Though you are right. people do get impatient. I just feel that most people shouldn't give this same attitude to newcomers because of past experiences. Still, I should probably get used to it.

Gentler != More helpful
Thanked by: triptych, Poetic_Alias, Gors