Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Mario Item icons + other misc
[Image: custommlitems.png]

Some of you might remember these from an older thread I had. Icons for some common, some less common Mario powerups and items, fully custom. Ones on the left are my palettes, ones on the right use ML:BiS colours and mimic the outline style. The Comet Medal (bottom right) is obviously still very much unfinished (and will be completely redone, so ignore it).

And now the edits:
[Image: mlbisgiantgoomba.gif] [Image: mlbispowerstar.gif]

For the originals head here and here.

Since I was bored and felt ML:BiS could've used more things from the past. So, a Grand Goomba (Choomba-size for obvious reasons) and a huge Power Star.
Thanked by:
I wish I could help but everything looks so damn perfect.

idk
The biggest white dots on the basic mushrooms could use a little more rounding.
The very top of the bee mushroom sticks out more than the rest of that stripe. It's difficult to avoid a little awkwardness in the shading if just a little sliver of yellow is shown at the top. Perhaps it would be better to follow the official pattern.
http://www.icosky.com/icon/png/Game/Supe...shroom.png
I would try giving the spring mushroom even more contrast...maybe experiment with it if you haven't already.
Thanked by:
the trail of the commet needs either a heavy duty Antialiasing or either simplify it.

sorry i just couldn't ignore it.
Thanked by:
also the trail should curve like an arc, right? Right now, it's forming a barrel shape.
Spriter Gors】【Bandcamp】【Twitter】【YouTube】【Tumblr】【Portifolio
If you like my C+C, please rate me up. It helps me know I'm helping!
[Image: deT1vCJ.png]
Thanked by:
So, what style is this supposed to imitate ? Is it just by your wit ?
[Image: E3DU8rS.png]
Reference
♥ ♥ ♥ LOVE ♥ ♥ ♥
Omega ; Phant Mmkay ; Baegal ; Gorsal ; Drakocat ; Chaoxys ; TomGuyCott ; Chris2balls ; Mighty Jetters ; Blueblur97 ; NICKtendo DS ;
Kachua (Secret Santa) ; and some more that i need to locate, save and link onto here
Thanked by:
(05-26-2010, 03:23 PM)Lexou Wrote: So, what style is this supposed to imitate ? Is it just by your wit ?

Quote:Some of you might remember these from an older thread I had. Icons for some common, some less common Mario powerups and items, fully custom. Ones on the left are my palettes, ones on the right use ML:BiS colours and mimic the outline style. The Comet Medal (bottom right) is obviously still very much unfinished (and will be completely redone, so ignore it).
Thanked by:
Yeah it's a custom style. I made the "ML:BiS versions" for fun and because my own shading style is pretty close to it.

@ Dark:
I tried rounding the dots a little, but I'm not too sure...

Good call on the Bee Mushroom though. I never bothered to use a ref for it, that stripe order works better in this case.

@ Francisco Cifuentes:
Yeah you're right, but I didn't even have a reference for it at the time. Upon looking it up on Mariowiki I realized I even got the shape of the coin wrong. So scratched it shall be.
Thanked by:
(05-27-2010, 12:59 AM)Neslug Wrote: Yeah it's a custom style. I made the "ML:BiS versions" for fun and because my own shading style is pretty close to it.

@ Dark:
I tried rounding the dots a little, but I'm not too sure...

The problem is that it looks too hexagonal.
Reference
♥ ♥ ♥ LOVE ♥ ♥ ♥
Omega ; Phant Mmkay ; Baegal ; Gorsal ; Drakocat ; Chaoxys ; TomGuyCott ; Chris2balls ; Mighty Jetters ; Blueblur97 ; NICKtendo DS ;
Kachua (Secret Santa) ; and some more that i need to locate, save and link onto here
Thanked by:
He-hexagonal? How's that? Unless you're mistaking the lighter coloured part around the spot as part of it, that's a highlight. Here's the spot on a red background, nothing else.

[Image: bubbleslime.png]
Making this yet another general thread for my spriting. It's a Bubble Slime.
Thanked by:
(05-27-2010, 03:54 AM)Neslug Wrote: He-hexagonal? How's that? Unless you're mistaking the lighter coloured part around the spot as part of it, that's a highlight.

[Image: bubbleslime.png]
Making this yet another general thread for my spriting. It's a Bubble Slime.

The big, white central circle is not round enough. it's too blocky.
Reference
♥ ♥ ♥ LOVE ♥ ♥ ♥
Thanked by:
[Image: shroomspot.png]
I don't think I can make it any rounder without adding another colour.
Thanked by:
Make the side edges one or two pixels less large.
Reference
♥ ♥ ♥ LOVE ♥ ♥ ♥
Thanked by:
[Image: shroomk.png]

I can't get it to look right. Well, better than it did before.
Thanked by:
Here, i did my best. How does it look to you ?
[Image: neslugmushrooms.png]
Reference
♥ ♥ ♥ LOVE ♥ ♥ ♥
Thanked by:
[Image: moreshrooms.png]
This? On the other hand I think it might be getting too small.
Thanked by: