Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Ray Mk x(Custom Robo)
I didn't see any existing topic for this character, so here's one.

[Image: tempo.png]
Also, here's a general base, for people. I didn't have a size ref, so I just based the size from memory.

Also, if someone has a moveset for this character go ahead and post it; it will be placed into this post.
Thanked by:
I think the colours are a bit flat, but thts awesome work, otherwise!

Also, it's probably best you didn't go for Custom Robo's original size, because you would hardly be able to see it
Thanked by:
Is this guy a playable character? I didn't notice if he is.
茶 = Tea
Thanked by:
Yes. Yes he is. I'm pretty sure it's Ray Mk II.

I would like to say that his B moves should be the Dragon gun, but I'll leave that to people who have played the game more recently than I have.

Up B would have to do with something about the feet equips maybe? A third, powerful jump or quick burst of his boosters upwards in a direction.

Side B... a left arm gun, which are the arcing bombs in Custom Robo. I can't remember any of the bombs besides the normal one... so, go crazy.

Down B should use the ... I think they're called mines? It's a piece that's on their back. Again, can't remember any besides the standard ones.

But yeah, Neutral B is right gun, Side B is left arm gun, Up B are the boosters, and Down B are the mines. That should help things along in terms of moveset.
Strive for victory. Vanquish defeat. And always pack the extra 1up.
Thanked by:
We're just referring to him as "Ray MK" due to all the different models out there.

Thanked by:
I don't think Custom Robo should be so small since he's a playable character now. His hitbox will be totally unfair.
Thanked by:
Yes a pinch bigger but still small.

Thanked by:
I'd say maybe about Ness or Pchu size, but looking at the other sprite bases we have, we already have a TON of other characters that size. So, maybe... Jpuff size?

Anyway, I have never played a Custom Robo game before, but since the game apparently places a lot of emphasis on customization, maybe have the character also focus on something of that nature? This idea has MkII starting off a round with basic weapons. Then, maybe some special items can occasionally spawn (only if an MKII is on the field) that will change the character's attacks and stats (within reasonable limits, of course)?

Some ideas could possibly involve the whole "trade power/resilience for speed/mobility" thing, such as trading the regular gun for a slower firing, more powerful one, or for a faster firing, less powerful one, and other similar sidegrades. None of these "powerups" will be complete upgrades though, just sidegrades. Also, if another player grabs these items, they can throw them around (like Samus's armor pieces, or Wario's bike pieces).
Thanked by:
Remember guys, Smash characters aren't really 1:1 of each other. You don't have to be realistic about the sizing.
Why not make "customization" a Down B move?
Thanked by:
Well, I'm hoping that, by having it caused by external items, multiple MkII players might rush for the item, which would then encourage frantic fights in similar way as the Smash Ball itself does.

Also, maybe if the items were balanced in intuitive ways, it could add some additional strategy and logistics (right word?) to playing the character, requiring a bit more thinking-ahead and such.

And, of course, pressing down-b to transform/change things/etc. is, I think, a bit overused and is kinda the "easy" way out.

EDIT: Regarding size, I don't really care what size it's in (within reason), so whatever size is agreed on, I'll do it.
Thanked by:
I was thinking he would be tough to hit and strong, but attacks would do more damage to him and he would be very light.
[Image: b1.php?u=39480955]
Quote:You had wasted MY LIFE... waiting for just a goddamn bunnelby model.
-The prestigious Farlavor
Thanked by:
Actually, if we're going for a customizable kind of gimmick for Ray, maybe his taunts could change out some weapons? Left/Right taunt could be his neutral and his UP and Down taunts can change him to different things... like Up taunt would make his attacks weaker but faster while down makes him slower but stronger. Just throwing it out there.
Strive for victory. Vanquish defeat. And always pack the extra 1up.
Thanked by:
Maybe you can unlock other characters' attacks and "equip" them on Ray?
Thanked by:
(05-18-2010, 08:54 PM)Tonberry2k Wrote: Maybe you can unlock other characters' attacks and "equip" them on Ray?

Wouldn't that just make him a Kirby robot?
Thanked by:
Not if it's all 4 B-moves.
Thanked by: