Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Custom Tabuu Sprite(s)
[Image: 1-27.png]
[Image: bannerr-6.png]

lol, I like posting my stuff here for more C+C...

It's Tabuu from brawl. Front view + wings and side view. *The side view has weird looking arms [and maybe the legs too...] that I unno how to fix*

Big Grin
Thanked by:
Traces are obvious

Even if they aren't good in the first place

[Image: 2014-11-19_1823.png]
Thanked by:
So tracing it made it horrible?

Darn.
Thanked by:
No, that's just one of the reasons Sad

Keep trying though.
[Image: Arcade_Fuhrer-290x300.jpg]
Thanked by:
The side view has too short arms and too long legs. I like the wings though!
[Image: signaturefs9.th.png]
Thanked by:
his feet are backward on the foreward one.
Thanked by:
Ugh. I don't like it. It looks completely screwed up.
Thanked by:
It's just a trace, there really isn't much else that can be said. This doesn't qualify as your own work, or custom, and frankly I wouldn't WANT it to be labeled as my own work.

You don't cut Mona Lisa from her painting and then claim it as a piece of your own work.
Thanked by:
Ok guys, less insulting him for tracing, more actual help being offered.

Now, some general tips :
  • Tabuu is something of an 'energy' being. In common convention in pixelart and other art forms that means you omit the outline if the style normally calls for one, or you give it a brighter set of colors if the style doesn't have an outline.
  • To fix a common problem in all forms of media with picture references, which is putting in what you THINK is there rather than actually using the reference, flip it upside down, and make it that way. It forces you to use a different perspective and try to really get a feel for the structure that makes the piece. Just remember to flip it back face-up when showing it off to others.
  • When converting 3D models into sprites, you need to pay special attention to what makes them identifyable. In this case, Tabuu has lines that horizontally cross over his body and limbs, these lines are strings of 1s and 0s normally, and his body is very difficult to make out. As the converter, its your job to make the features easy to identify and figure out what is what.

Good luck now.

Thanked by:
Zee Wrote:[*] To fix a common problem in all forms of media with picture references, which is putting in what you THINK is there rather than actually using the reference, flip it upside down, and make it that way. It forces you to use a different perspective and try to really get a feel for the structure that makes the piece. Just remember to flip it back face-up when showing it off to others.

Wow! That's actually genius! I've never thought to do traces like that before!

*♪ I learned something new today! ♫*
~ Returned from the brink ~

My submissions - My other sheets
Thanked by: