Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Ghostbusters Doom2
Oh man, I almost went all of today without ripping a game and posting it. That was close! By the way, here's some sprites.

Friendly characters:
[Image: ghostbustersdoom2civili.png] [Image: ghostbustersdoom2ghostb.png]

Enemies:
[Image: ghostbustersdoom2bugeye.png] [Image: ghostbustersdoom2gozeri.png]
[Image: ghostbustersdoom2gulper.png] [Image: ghostbustersdoom2miscgh.png] [Image: ghostbustersdoom2nunzio.png]
[Image: ghostbustersdoom2samhai.png] [Image: ghostbustersdoom2slimel.png] [Image: ghostbustersdoom2slimer.png]
[Image: ghostbustersdoom2sludge.png] [Image: ghostbustersdoom2vigoic.png]
[Image: ghostbustersdoom2zombie.png] [Image: ghostbustersdoom2zuulic.png]

Other stuff:
[Image: ghostbustersdoom2automo.png] [Image: ghostbustersdoom2miscic.png]
[Image: ghostbustersdoom2weapon.png]

And the zip:
[Image: ghostbustersdoom2icon.png]

Ghostbusters Doom2 was a Doom2 mod (I betcha couldn't tell Tongue ) that was led by Stephen "Scuba Steve" Browning (the guy behind the Action Doom games). Unfortunately, fate loves to disappoint me into a disappointment coma, and they never finished it. Scuba Steve has since gone on to do other great mod-related things, though. An unfinished version of the mod is downloadable from the main website, but it's largely unbeatable without cheats because of just how unfinished the game is. As such, some of the sprites are missing vital animations, so many of the sprite sheets may be shorter than usual because of this. Also, I tried to leave out anything that was just a recolored version of a sprite ripped from Duke Nukem 3d, Metal Slug, Doom, or Hexen. There's still the Strife death for the civilians though.

Alright, only two more games on my list... I wonder what'll happen when I finish it.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Thanked by:
Interesting. Never heard of it before. You're really into ripping mods.
Say, are you going to rip the Wolfenstein 3D Mortal Kombat Edition spites? Your "coming soon" signature is so small that I can hardly tell what you're going to rip
[Image: MegaEXESig.png]
Thanked by:
Hah, that's the point of the preview, to tease but still keep it mysterious.

I hadn't given any thought to ripping the Wolf3d Mortal Kombat mod, but that does sound like a good idea. I'll give you a hint of the next game that I'm hitting off the list though: it's a commercial game on the Wolfenstein engine. Oh did I say game? I meant games. It's more than one.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Thanked by:
Oh, it was because I was thinking about ripping it myself if you hadn't thought of this.
Let me guess... One of them looks like Blake Stone: Planet Strike (there's also Aliens of Gold or something like that. released before it), but the other I have no idea.
[Image: MegaEXESig.png]
Thanked by:
Damn, you got it! The rips I'm submitting today will be from the two Blake Stone games. The last game on my list was barely heard of at the time and mostly forgotten now. The sprites in the data files are pretty scrambled but look damn good, so I've been saving the best (and potentially hardest) rip on my rip list for last Big Grin
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Thanked by:
Very cool job. Big Grin
[Image: b1.php?u=39480955]
Quote:You had wasted MY LIFE... waiting for just a goddamn bunnelby model.
-The prestigious Farlavor
Thanked by:
Have you heard of Sonic Robo Blast 2 and if so, do you plan on ripping from it?
Thanked by:
(05-03-2010, 07:24 AM)SiFi270 Wrote: Have you heard of Sonic Robo Blast 2 and if so, do you plan on ripping from it?
The creators of SRB2 have stated in the past that they don't want their graphics ripped and put into spritesheets.
Thanked by:
I completely forgot this game existed until now.

Out of curiosity, are you planning on ripping from the Dr.Who version of Doom? I've been having a heck of a time finding a WAD dumper that works on this computer.
Thanked by:
To be honest I've never heard of such a mod, I'll have to look it up.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Thanked by:
If you like I can supply you with it. It's a freeware game so I think it's within the rules to distribute it...
Thanked by:
If this is what you're talking about, I probably won't rip from it. It doesn't look very... good Tongue
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Thanked by:
Hmm...not sure...but it was made as some sort of anniversary celebratory thing, holding thirty years of Dr. Who characters in it.

Edit:

Apparently it is. Mind you that page is not the official developers page, but more a fan hosting...and it's screenshots are horrible examples. The sprites are well-done, and most of the things are refurbished.
Thanked by:
If you give me a link I'll be sure to check it out.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Thanked by:
Well apparently that is it. I remember the original site being much better than that. The screenshots there are probably the worst possible screeshots ever of the game. From what I remember it's a very well-done mod and the sprites are expertly crafted.
Thanked by: