Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Wanted some C+C on these.
Hey there, I just joined. =D

I'm trying to get some crits on these:

[Image: breathingnewhair2.gif][Image: breathing5.gif][Image: running2.gif][Image: kickingcombo123v2.gif]
[Image: x17shooting1.gif]
[Image: wrathidle.gif]

I want to improve these as much as possible so be as harsh as needed. I figure if a lot people can point out the flaws I'll know what to work on better. I'd also appreciate more constructive feedback than anything.

And I know the kicking frames don't have any shading, I wanted C+C on the design first.
Thanked by:
saw these at pixelation awhile back
my only problems with these are that i can't even tell whats goin on with the blue guy and the ghost lookin fucker's animation is really choppy atm

great job on improving that attack combo too holy shit
Thanked by: PrettyNier
I assume you're planning to shade the legs on the last few frames of the combo.

The blue guy's proportions are off, his colours aren't contrasted enough and his animation is stiff.

The red guys animation is choppy, as has been said.
Thanked by:
You must have been one of the 3000 who looked at it and didn't post anything. Tongue Kinda ticks me off though with that many people looking and I only got maybe 50 replies.

Any suggestions or advice? On the red one I couldn't really decide to make it levitate up and down or do a circular motion, so I just went up/down because it seemed easier. I'm a newbie when it comes to animation though, so I'm still trying to learn the ropes.

@yutaka - yeah, I'm going to shade it eventually. You think if I made the blue one's head bigger it would even out?
Thanked by:
The shading is really messy, the palettes are dull and some of the animations (second guy) are really stiff. The running looks off too.

That attack combo is really nice though.
Thanked by: PrettyNier
i think it would actually be kind of """cool""" if you added some bounce to the head/shoulders on the red guy as he bounces up and down

or at least do a head moving type deal like i did with this thing:
[Image: idle__r134479091.gif]
Thanked by:
(04-13-2010, 04:48 PM)jbeave Wrote: Hey there, I just joined. =D

I'm trying to get some crits on these:

[Image: breathingnewhair2.gif][Image: breathing5.gif][Image: running2.gif][Image: kickingcombo123v2.gif]

oh hi kyo kusanagi.
and several other KOF characters frankenstein.
Thanked by:
@Alpha Six - shading is one of my enemies, lol. That's part of the reason I haven't shaded the legs on the kicking animation yet. I've been looking into some good tutorials for that though.

@sweet georgia brown - that looks great, I'll try to add that sort of bounce to it.

@Francisco Cifuentes -I didn't even use Kyo, I used Rock Howard and Terry Bogard as references for a few of the poses, is there a problem with that? But it's not a frankenstien (if it still means take parts of existing sprites and make something new). I like to draw outlines for certain parts of sprites and edit them down to match my, I guess you'd say style. But you aren't the first person to say it looks too close to the original...I guess I should do more to it to make it "mine".
Thanked by:
I'm glad to see that this time you didn't threw a hissy fit because of the criticism, ZeroXMagna.
My previous comments about the bland design stays, though.
Thanked by:
Maneko, you caught me on a few rough days and I'll apologize now that I'm over it. I still don't believe I was in the wrong but whatever. I don't need any more petty drama like that here.

Like I tried to get from you last time but didn't, how would you suggest I make it "unbland"? I thought maybe unzipping the jacket would help, but I couldn't come up with a color scheme to match what I already had.
Thanked by:
[Image: 2135i88.png]
more like you just pasted a random head over a resized kof sprite(thats terry bogard's kick actually from real bout), and then traced edited certain parts when the legs wouldn't match the pose you needed, showing your complete lack of knowledge. the quality fluctuates way too much between the ones suposed to be finished, and even there's a leg in a complete different style.
Thanked by:
tbh i agree with francisco
while it's possible that you didn't edit, it definitely oes look as though you did.

That blue guy looks like it's from megaman zero as well
[Image: ndsMEF0.gif][Image: sig.gif]
Thanked by:
http://www.wayofthepixel.net/pixelation/...opic=10062

most of the changes in quality actually looks like him almost religiously following/editing/cocks the help he got in this thread
but i guess metaru is right too!!!
Thanked by:
@Francisco Cifuentes - I already said I made outlines for certain parts of other sprites, but I did not just resize it. Why would I erase all the shading and details if that were the case? To make it harder on myself? I just wanted that kick and maybe I followed the original too close. Look, here's a comparison.

[Image: terrygarouspnbackkick.gif][Image: kickingcombo123v2.gif][Image: 80857727.png]

You can see that I didn't just resize it, I just "copied" the movement. I don't see a problem with that. And to further show I didn't just resize it, there's a resized Terry sprite and mine side by side. They look similar but not identical. I hope that clears this up.

@Vipershark - How does it? The idea behind it was to be similar to a MMZ droid but I didn't actually use a MMZ sprite as a reference.
Thanked by:
My comments about the sprite's blandness and general lack of anything of interest are the same I gave you back then: The color palette is bland and insipid, even after you told me the sprite is supposed to be "Dark" and meant to be used on a "dark, evil and deep" game world.
A more vivid color palette should do wonders here, I mean just take a look at any Castlevania game and you will notice how the main protagonist always uses vivid colors to make it stand, even if he's in a dark and evil-looking game.
Thanked by: