Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Pikmin
Prompted by PA's thread (I wouldn't say "inspired")
[Image: 2hzn5og.jpg][Image: eqvz2f.jpg][Image: 1okuh1.jpg][Image: 2rc6bnk.jpg][Image: 2d9s2fl.jpg]
[Image: 34go5y9.jpg]

I'd say I'm getting better, but then again that's just my point of view.
Thanked by:
i'd use a bit less saturated colors, and put more space between the bulborb's legs
Thanked by: Phantom Killah
I actually like the saturated colors, gives the whole thing a slight NES feeling
I do, however, agree on what Metaru said about the bulborb's legs
[Image: 6SqMy.gif][Image: 6SqMy.gif]
« Ref »
« »
Thanked by: Phantom Killah, Baegal
aww, these are adorable. I like the limited colors, it gives them a bright cartoony look.
[Image: bunka3.png]
Thanked by:
my only complaint is that it looks like the pikmin are shrinking rather than walking
[Image: OH4K4jX.gif] [Image: R7WBBzo.gif] [Image: TsJpssj.gif]
-----------------------[Love]-----------------------
Thanked by:
Thanks everyone, I think I've fixed them:
[Image: 2hzn5og.jpg][Image: eqvz2f.jpg][Image: 2rc6bnk.jpg][Image: 1okuh1.jpg]

and a wip for Olimar (i really need some help withe the head):
[Image: 2di4wlg.jpg]
Thanked by:
For the hair, getting the three spikes might not be possible at this size, so try making it a clump. Don't forget his ear either. Olimar's legs could be shorter, I think.
Thanked by:
His Chest/Body is way too large, Olimars a midget. =P
Also, he looks like he's leaning way too far back (Air hump. JK, JK)
But I really like the overall style, and 8-bit simplicity this has, its looking awesome.
~~LOVE~~ 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9.
[Image: mousey.gif]
Thanked by:
regarding teh size, you should keep it around the pikmin's one. is not like this was made following any scale.
Thanked by: Iceman404
[Image: 2w3dc1u.jpg]
Any better?
Thanked by:
Man, I love the Pikmin. The walking may look more natural if you have their antennae bob up and down, and maybe have their arms sway (or do... something. I don't recall how Pikmin walk).

That Bulborb is also totally awesome.

I think Olimar would look better with a flatter head+helmet, they should be far from perfectly round. Maybe try a much lighter blue or just transparency for his helmet, it looks odd. Also, go for shorter legs and arms.
[Image: untitledre6.gif]
PJ ~ Devi ~ Sheezy
Thanked by:
[Image: 16kyr1e.jpg]
I shortened his left arm, flattened his head and helmet, and gave him a walking animation
Thanked by:
His body is still too big in proportion to his head. In the actual game, his head is about the size of his body (including the helmet).
yeah, start with what you have with the Pikmin's bodies for Olimar, then edit it.
[Image: bunka3.png]
Thanked by:
Bottom is new:
[Image: e6f8ub.jpg]

e: i don't want him too similar to the Pikmin though
Thanked by: