Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
New spriter
Hi im a brand new spriter. Id like to show you all a very bad sprite and id like you to tell me what I should do next time to make better sprites. Please keep in mind that this is a VERY bad sprite.

[img][Image: thumbnmail.png][/img]
By the way im using MS paint, if it matters at all. Thanks.

Rysin

EDIT: The image isnt appearing but if u just click on the thumbnail thing it works. Any help with this would be appreciated!
Thanked by:
Yeah, it needs some work, but at least your trying. I'd suggest trying to get it closer to a shy guy in general shape. Right now it's really tall, and the mask looks like it's melting, among other things.

And no, using MS Paint doesn't matter. In fact most people here use it.
Thanked by:
Haha thanks for the reply didnt notice the mask was "melting'. When I make the new revised version should I post it here or make a totally new thread? Thanks again for reply.

Rysin
Thanked by:
The shyguy isn't THAT bad but It does need work, I myself do use MS Paint, while others may use Graphic Gale, but anyway, I suggest you use a ref such as an official art or a sprite of him, so you can fix him to your liking.
Thanked by:
[Image: thumbnmail.png]

Thats the latest. Its not as bad... I dont think. He's supposed to be walking to his right, or at least turned to his right. Can anyone see that? Also that one has "highlights" I definently dont think im doing highlights right, can anyone see them? Heres the same image without highlights

Its still really bad. Tips and critique are very very welcome!
Thanked by:
You might wanna clean up your lineart a bit more.
M A C H I N E G U N
         ⌒°。>◡<)⌒°
             /_▄︻し┻┳═一(いち)(いち)  ┣¨┣¨┣¨┣¨┣¨┣¨┣¨┣¨┣¨┣¨┣¨
[Image: tumblr_mr2bjoHi1v1qh8espo1_400.gif][Image: NfIxSTK.gif]
Thanked by:
It's better, your improving but use a ref like this...

These Shyguys were made by Parakoopa in MLSS Style. These should help you.

Good luck Smile
Thanked by:
They are getting better. Better than I could do anyway =/
but I would say after you get the look you're... looking... for, add some shading to the mask and shoes
Thanked by:

Thats the latest, hes still a littly bit tall but I used the reference. The reference has to many things going on it it though to copy the pallet, so i had to make my own. You still cant notice the highlights!
Also how do i make the thumbnail available like you did on the reference shy guy? Thanks again,

Rysin.

EDIT: New shyguy! Looks better than ever! thanks to everyone who helped!!!
[Image: shyguyvh6.th.png]
Thanked by: