Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Animating help
im fairly new to animating, so i need quite a bit of help
[Image: 11127692140-iaza.gif]
[Image: burdd60656.png]

burd? ':U
Thanked by:
asuming is a wing... it would be a good idea to put it in context.
Thanked by:
Yeah it is wing <:
I wasn't too sure if it was worth posting being as i can't tell if theres anything wrong with it ( i was actually hoping you could tell me )
[Image: 18678265875-iaza.gif]
quickly thrown together for a bit of a test
Thanked by:
i see its a ho-oh.

erase the pause when the wings are raised, and arc them a bit more when they're lowered
Thanked by:
The last things body parts got deleted 'accidentally' so im trying something i should find a little simpler
[Image: wip19669670449-iaza.gif]
Bomb amardillloooo~
*needs a better animator other than iaza*
Thanked by:
Remindes me of these enemies from Super Mario Land.
Thanked by:
(04-02-2010, 11:51 AM)D.A Wrote: The last things body parts got deleted 'accidentally' so im trying something i should find a little simpler
[Image: wip19669670449-iaza.gif]
Bomb amardillloooo~
*needs a better animator other than iaza*
animation shop 3
Thanked by: PrettyNier
I'll help

I have 2 years of animation class under my belt ,so really I know what I'm talking about.

Step.1 if your going to make any animation and not spend a lot of time on it. You can never go wrong with making some guide lines[Image: pixlessonpt1.png]

(these may seem very useless but they're the most important)
Notice how it folds? This will make it look like it has joints.

Step.2
Add the bird body.
[Image: pixlessonpt2.jpg]

Step.3 add more poses between the major poses , (it's pretty much the animating part)
[Image: pixlessonpt3.png]
If some of your between poses look almost the same just in the wrong direction feel free to just copy and flip it.

Tip: the more between poses the slower, the lesser between poses the faster
If you want to knock their socks off use both it's called slow-in slow out. So add less poses in the middle of the flap more poses toward the ends.

Step 4.Oh no! my bird is handy-capable he only has one wing! No need to worry just copy his only wing and horizontal flip it do some editing so you see the other side of the wing drag the bird over it. Now you're done!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Thanked by:
i believe thats exactly what he did, you just made a sideview bird witk silk-made wings
Thanked by: PrettyNier
[Image: wip17901974407-iaza.gif]
bleh, something seems wrong
Thanked by:
Animation on the idle seems rather fast on my opinion and there is no animation for the fire on the match.
[Image: Copyof3Colors.png]
Thanked by:
get more work on that idle-to-ball sequence. you could make it spin while it curls so it would make a bit more sense. not to mention, it is a ball, while an armadillo is meant to look like a ball only when it curls.

i know that last part depends on the armadillo's desing entirely, but asuming this is more of an organic character, i'd try to make the shell more flexible.
Thanked by:
Yeah thats areally good idea, try making the idle seem a it longer and give it a bit more detail to the movement on the curling
[Image: Copyof3Colors.png]
Thanked by:
[Image: wip15354218462-iaza.gif]
Kinda like this?
Thanked by:
There is no anticipation leading into the ball form at all. Maybe something like this will work better.

Here's a really sloppy edit

[Image: wip15354218462-iazatest-2.gif]

Oh and before the anticipation you can have another anticipation anticipating that and it would probably be better if you did because the amount of force it takes to bend his back backwards like I did would require a build up frame I think. Oh and I did some work on the bomb state as well. It's not that good. Actually it sucks and makes no sense now that I look at it but I am a busy man and don't have time to fix it. Also I am just starting to learn how to use overlapping action which contributes to the crappiness Sad