Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Some sprites?
It may not seem like it but Koopaul still sprites quite a bit. The thing is I never seem to finish anything or I just trash stuff.

Anyway just to prove that I still do stuff, I'll show you some crap here and there.

First here's some sprites I was making for one of my very own game projects, I stopped because I realized it will never be made anyway.

[Image: betastuff.png]

It was for my very own take on a Mario RPG that combined elements from M&L series and Paper Mario with a side-scrolling Metroidish overworld. However instead instead of just playing as Mario with Luigi, or Mario with some partner, you got to play as an all star cast: Mario, Luigi, Yoshi, Peach, Wario, Donkey Kong, and Bowser. DK was an obvious edit but it was just beta...

I'll post some more stuff later.

Thanked by:
Ah, the battle sprite of yoshi is really good! All i can say is that the eye further from us has a weird eyebrow, it doesn't go back far enough or something. i think he needs some soles to his shoes too, but that's your choice, i guess.
for yoshi's overworld sprite, his green part of his eye looks pillowshaded, same with his arms and legs.
I'm not liking how Mario and Luigi's hats are all just the same color, i would darken the back just a bit.
other than that, these sprites are awesome and I think they look very true to their original styles.
and there's always more
Thanked by:
It's good to see you haven't forgotten how to sprite. This is great.
Thanked by:
Good, as is your usual. They look a little Mario Party Advance-ish to me, which is good since I haven't seen too many customs in that style.
Thanked by:
ooh, looking good! I like the colors and the shading. any other characters you have planned?
[Image: bunka3.png]
Thanked by:
I love these!!

As an amateur spriter to a champ like you, i still have some advice. Whether you take it or not, i dont care, but this is what i think:

One, i think Luigi looks better with a slightly purple colored overalls, instead of marios blue. It would keep them from looking so similar, (although in the ne ones they look more distinct than the beta ones, not regarding color).

Also, Mario seems to be to light, he kinda seems washed out. Making everything but his boots and nose a shade or two darker wouldnt hurt, (i dont think), and i think it would look better.
Any noise annoys an oyster, but a noisy noise annoys an oyster more.
Thanked by:
From what I can tell from his previous sprites, that "washed out" look seems to be Koopaul's style. I think it's fine as-is.
Thanked by:
(02-26-2010, 02:13 PM)SengirDev Wrote: From what I can tell from his previous sprites, that "washed out" look seems to be Koopaul's style. I think it's fine as-is.

I know, they all look nice, and they all look washed out, really.

But they look good, it just seems that wario, (Minus his boots and nose), is lighter than the rest

It looks fine by itself, but compared to the rest, its different, it doesnt really seem to match. (Its in the same style, but the saturation doesnt match, i mean)
Any noise annoys an oyster, but a noisy noise annoys an oyster more.
Thanked by:
The only thing that jumps out right away is that Luigi's legs feel like they could be a pixel or so thinner.
Now Yoshi's in battle legs on the other hand are excellent. Big Grin
[Image: ioncesawyouholleringint.jpg]
Thanked by:
reminds me of mario party advance. i like it! Smile
Thanked by:
Looks great! Yoshi's stomach looks alittle fat to me.
woop
Thanked by:
Thanks guys.

Here was something I was working on not too long ago but stopped because I felt i was screwing it up. Yes its not Nintendo related!

[Image: freakoutv.png]

As you can see it was in the very early stages but it gives you an idea of how I do my sprite process if you're interested.

Thanked by:
oh man please pick it up again. Freakazoid deserves sprites.
[Image: bunka3.png]
Thanked by: Ngamer01
It seems to me luigi is leaning back
Awesome sprites, but what you need to do is continue your Mario cards, they were amazing!
Boo!
Thanked by: