Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Pokemon HG/SS Artwork
These are sprited versions of the HG/SS artwork. There are also a few that got artwork earlier in FR/LG, so I've used those artworks where necessary.

[Image: hgsssprites.png]

The artwork is from Bulbapedia, the colour scheme is from DP.

I started these way back in August/September but I haven't really worked very consitently on these sprites, e.g. not spriting them for a few weeks and then coming back to them. Hence why there are only about 45, and why I didn't use the HG/SS colour scheme.

I will eventually sprite the rest. Any improvements/criticism? Let me know before I carry on.
Thanked by:
The shading on them needs to be smoother. Also some parts of the outling need to be fixed.
Apart from that they look pretty good.
“The Goombas have lost...Again?! Is this our destiny?! To be trampled by oppressive feet for all eternity? No, we will definitely triumph next time! Yes, next time! The Goombas' fate is not defeat, but perseverance!”
—Goomboss, Super Mario 64 DS

Thanks to Ploaj for the avatar.
Thanked by:
they look kinda traced, not gonna lie

i havent seen the actual artwork though so i cant say for sure but they have a traced feel to them
Thanked by:
are you going for an authentic Pokemon sprite look, or just sprite versions of the artwork? if it's the former, you've got some sizing problems with the smaller Pokemon (like Smeargle and Mareep) in comparison to the bigger ones (Typhlosion and Feraligatr). I'd use the in-game sprites as references alongside the art, to keep size in check.
[Image: bunka3.png]
Thanked by:
I'm almost certain the majority is traced, but with some neatening, that might not be a problem. Keep at it; but work on making what you've already donew look better (and match the shading style of the official sprites better) before moving on.
Specs 'n' Headphones has been revamped! Check it, yo.
[Image: 10y3mgj.png][Image: groove-1.gif]
Thanks to Pik and Solink; they are sexy people. Heart
Thanked by:
Yeah, as guessed, most of them are traced, but I didn't really know it was noticible. Ah well, I'll get to work on fixing them.

The first one I sprited was Octillery, so I'll attempt to fix him first.
[Image: octilleryver2.png]
Any improvement?

Not too sure about the size on this, it's quite similar to it's DP sprite, but not exactly.
Thanked by:
On the right side, below the eye and above the tentacles, his neck doesn't look very smother. Try to round it out a bit.
Thanked by:
[Image: octilleryv3.png]
Better? I struggle a bit with curves.
Thanked by:
Yeah looks better now
Thanked by: