Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Getting back in to PA again
So yeah, an attempt at conker
[Image: 3323tbb.jpg]
C+C anyone?
Thanked by:
Is there any shading on the orange, masterofthewii?
[Image: ndsMEF0.gif][Image: sig.gif]
Thanked by:
looks like I'm going to be working with the contrast on this now..
EDIT:
[Image: zkga53.jpg]
Any better far as the contrast in the shades (The orange parts of the fur)?
Thanked by:
waitwaitwait, you're masterofthewii? WOW that takes me back, haven't heard that name in a while. Never associated you with that name.
Anyway, back to the sprite. First things first: your dithering looks REALLY uneven and blocky. Not gonna hold that against you though, I can't dither worth shit. Regardless, I'll try my best to help.
On the colors of the orange, I think I see where the problem is coming from. You have four shades there, and they're split into two groups, 2 light shades and 2 dark. This causes it to look like an abrupt transition from light to dark. You want it to be more of an even progression. Another problem is that your two dark shades are blending. This is one of the properties of dithering, its blends your two colors together as an in-between color. Your two darker shades are dithered together, making your brighter shades jumping into what is essentially one dark color with no transition.
To solve this, you want to make it so your shades progress from light to dark, not as choppy a transition. Also, space out your dithering more so you can see each individual color.

Please tell me if that made as little sense to you as it did to me.

The light green can be brought down a bit, it's almost invisible. All the jacket colors are way too dark, I can't tell any of them apart, all I see is black. Maybe its because I'm viewing it on a stark white background. The legs are kinda misshapen and are also too dark. The darkest red could be a little darker, and the brightest red a little brighter. The blues of the eyes blend together in the finished product, I can't tell them apart.

This isn't addressing any shading issues, just the colors right now. Lineart looks good in general, though I think the ears may be a little too flat on top.
Good luck fixing it!
[Image: Altered_photo1_sig.png]
My crit posts tend to make me look arrogant if read the wrong way. That is not my intention. I am open to discussing anything you disagree with, so please do.
Thanked by:
I think I see where your coming from

As for the palate I'm currently messing around with it to see if I can improve the the hoodie and pants because in all honesty, I want to try and make them a bit brighter.

[Image: 21eyi9y.jpg]
Hoping I am ending up in the right direction with this
Thanked by:
The orange is much too dark and red. Brighten it up, make it more yellow-ish.
As for his muzzle, make it more of a tan-ish off-white color.
Thanked by:
these legs doesnt match the torso, and the arms doesnt fit the shoulders. the mouth is way too big for the head, and the eyes are completely off balance.the tail looks extremely flat, as a result of the whole thing being poorly shaded(the pants and hands are almost pillowshaded). the whole character itself doesnt look at all -or at least doesnt really feel like conker. it may have a somehow childish desing, but it totally lacks personality.
[Image: conkkmeer1.JPG]
i dont think you really need to dither anything, and instead use a proper set of colors.
Thanked by:
I mostly agree with Metaru. Most of all on the "you don't need dithering" aspect. Only thing I disagree with is I don't see the hands as pillowshaded. I could totally be wrong there though, I think its a fine line with this.

Granted, you did fix what I meant with the dithering on the muzzle, but I was only looking at it as a sprite, not as Conker. As Conker, there's a LOT of work to be done.
[Image: Altered_photo1_sig.png]
My crit posts tend to make me look arrogant if read the wrong way. That is not my intention. I am open to discussing anything you disagree with, so please do.
Thanked by:
Itt I still suck at fixing up stuff
[Image: id6u4z.jpg]
Also giving it a few touch ups that weren't mentioned and screwing around with the palate

I still might need to fix up the arms that don't involve adding a few pixels, I don't really know anatomy wise
Thanked by:
make his eyes and jacket more of a lighter blue (like the ref) than the grey-ish purple that they currently are.
Thanked by:
[Image: atokt4.jpg]-Kind of like this or a little darker?
Thanked by:
Bluer. Also the shades need more contrast between them. But it's already a big improvement over what you originally had.
Thanked by:
[Image: 2v81xf7.jpg]

I think this should do it far as the jacket
Thanked by:
much better jacket, but his left (our right) foot looks too square
茶 = Tea
Thanked by:
Fixed the foot
[Image: 24cbklj.jpg]
I don't know if I should really be throwing in text but eh.
Thanked by: