Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Signature Item Box
This was just an idea that came to me the other night. I noticed that between each edition of smash bros there were certain additions put in in order to make the game different from its predecessor (i.e. Melee got the side special attack and charge smashes, Brawl got the final smash) I began to think "how could one differentiate itself from brawl in that fashion without overly convoluting it or adding ridiculous things like a super final smash?"

My idea is pretty simple. There is an item, probably shaped like a mario kart item box, that will give each individual character a signature item that no other character can use. For instance, since we got rid of Mario's fludd as an attack, the fludd could be his signature item and Luigi could get his vacuum. We could relocate regular items into the signature item category if we see fit; maybe giving Kirby the star wand.

Here are some characters I thought of items for: Bowser - Chain Chomp, Waluigi - Tennis Racket, Donkey Kong - Some sort of barrel item? (didn't think that one out too much), Fox or Falco - rocket launcher from assault, King K Rool - Blunderbuss.

Anyway, it's just an idea for you all to consider.
You're the color, you're the movement, and the spin.
Thanked by:
(02-15-2010, 03:29 PM)tacopronto Wrote: This was just an idea that came to me the other night. I noticed that between each edition of smash bros there were certain additions put in in order to make the game different from its predecessor (i.e. Melee got the side special attack and charge smashes, Brawl got the final smash) I began to think "how could one differentiate itself from brawl in that fashion without overly convoluting it or adding ridiculous things like a super final smash?"

My idea is pretty simple. There is an item, probably shaped like a mario kart item box, that will give each individual character a signature item that no other character can use. For instance, since we got rid of Mario's fludd as an attack, the fludd could be his signature item and Luigi could get his vacuum. We could relocate regular items into the signature item category if we see fit; maybe giving Kirby the star wand.

Here are some characters I thought of items for: Bowser - Chain Chomp, Waluigi - Tennis Racket, Donkey Kong - Some sort of barrel item? (didn't think that one out too much), Fox or Falco - rocket launcher from assault, King K Rool - Blunderbuss.

Anyway, it's just an idea for you all to consider.

While its much more powerful then what you're talking about, Final Smashes already do this. Nobody has really confirmed whether or not those will actually be in the game or not though.
Thanked by: Ton
Oh, I didn't know that. Why are we beginning work on Giga Bowser then?
Thanked by:
We got rid of FLUDD? I don't remember that. Last I heard, they were deciding whether or not FLUDD should give you alternate abilities when you use a B attack when he's fully charged.
Thanked by:
ha ha, once again, I could very well be mistaken. The last I read I was under the impression Fludd was being cut.
Thanked by:
If you look in the first post of Character Tweaks, it says that basically once FLUDD is charged, he will change how your B attacks work, but there are a lot of different versions of this and I don't thing they've decided on a single one yet.

If we did add something to the game, what about a defensive FS? Idk, just the first thing to pop in my head.
Thanked by:
okay, thanks for the info (I actually really like that idea). Okay, what if - downplaying the whole item box idea - each character had a "proficiency item". Like when Mario uses the fire flower it's range is slightly larger than when others use it or when Kirby uses the Star Wand the star it shoots is faster and larger. That way we could spice up the old system in a more subtle way.
Thanked by: Baegal
Hm. That's actually a good idea. So, what you're saying is there is this box. If you break it, your character will get a powerful item, one that only they can use?
I agree, hands down.
Mario: F.L.U.D.D (Pushes enemies ((much farther than in brawl).))
Luigi: Poltergust 3000 (Sucks enemies in ((like Kirby)) and shoot them out into other enemies. Does damage while being sucked in and while inside the Poltergust.)
Peach: Parry the Parasol (I didn't play Super Princess Peach, someone else make this.)
Yoshi: ???
Bowser: Chain Chomp (Holds Chain Chomp in his hands and, when thrown, Chain Chomp Frenzies through the stage. Any enemy hit by it will be sent flying, and it will do 15-20 damage.)
Bowser Jr.: Paintbrush (Like a star rod. He can hit you with it ((It does Poison Damage)) and he can fling the poisonous paint at you.)
Wario: Wii Remote/ Whatever the thing was called in WarioWare: Smooth Moves (Wario can fling the remote around, causing random effects to happen to all players, including themselves. Ex. Explosions, Random Fire damage, Super Mushroom effects.
Waluigi: Tennis racket (A powered up version of the fan. Side Smash operates like Home-Run Bat.)
Pit: ???
Donkey Kong: Rhino Barrel (Yes, that annoying rhino from Donkey Kong Country. Dk holds the normal-looking barrel above his head, like a side throw. When he throws it, a rhino comes out and charges to one side of the stage until he falls or gets KO'd((Like a Piplup on Steroids)).)
Diddy Kong: ???
Dixie & Kiddy: ???
K.Rool: Blunderbuss (It's a gun. What more do you need?)
Link: Triforce of Courage (He becomes faster, stronger and he has the ability to not flinch for 1 minute)
Zelda: Triforce of Wisdom (She becomes quicker and gains the ability to jump multiple times. ((like Kirby)) Last 1 minute.)
Ganondorf: Triforce of Power (He becomes Stronger, Stronger and... well, stronger. Very strong. Like, 50% a punch strong. Lasts 20 seconds.)
Toon Link: Knights Crest-Hurricane attack- (Spin Attack can be charged for 3 seconds, and when fully charges, acts like a 10 second long mach tornado.((Meta knight move)) True to all aspect of the moves, including the ability to press B multiple times to raise into the air and the crushing blow at the end.
Tingle: ???
Pikachu: ???
Jigglypuff: ???
Mewtwo: Twistedspoon (It's actually an item from pokemon that makes psychic attacks more powerful, but here it will increase the range of Mewtwo's attacks AND make them more powerful.)
Lucario: ???
Pokemon Trainer: ???
Deoxys: ???
Samus: Phazon Beam? (I'm not sure. But if it does make it, it's going to replace the Charge Shot. It will fire one continuous beam for a total of 5 seconds a beam.
ZSSamus: ???
Ridley: (We haven't decided a moveset yet ((Though I will gladly do so)) so this is still out of the question)
Ice Climbers: ???
Ness: ???
Lucas: ???
Porkey: ???
Masked Man: Pig Bomb (Nothing interesting here, just a very powerful bomb. The equivalent of an electrode.
Kirby: TOO MANY OPTIONS D<
Dedede: ???
Meta Knight: ???
Gooey: TOO MANY OPTIONS D<
Fox, Falco, Wolf and Crystal: ???
Olimar: ???
Captain Falcon: ???
Samurai Goroh: ???
Marth: ???
Ike: ???
Roy: ???
Little Mac: ???
Starfy: ???
Animal Crosser/ Villager: ???
Ray, Saki, Sukapon: ???
Game and Watch: Frying Pan Alone (Nope, no food. Just a burning ol' frying pan. Acts like a bat except for the side smash. Causes fire damage.)
R.O.B: ???
Snake: Handgun (A handgun. Woohoo? Works similar to a beam gun, but only in the fashion you use it. Everything else is handgun-like.
Sonic: Ancient Light (This works until Sonic is KO'd. He glows, and his Neutral B becomes a frenzy of homing attacks that functions at least three times as fast as Sonics normal B.
Megaman: Too many options.
Geno: ???
Klonoa and Travis: ???
------------------------------
I got Carried away.
Anyway, I like the idea.
I started that post before anyone else posted, whoops. -w-
But the defensive Final Smash works too.
Must refrain from making a list. D;
But I like that idea the most.
3rd one has my vote.
Thanked by:
So... two Final Smashes? Seems like a bit much to me.
[Image: b1.php?u=39480955]
Quote:You had wasted MY LIFE... waiting for just a goddamn bunnelby model.
-The prestigious Farlavor
Thanked by:
I like how that list has Klonoa and Travis are together.

Anyways, why not just make it an item only they can get, but it's not FS strength. It's just a fun little exclusive item. Or, like tacopronto said, Have certain items work differently, like the fireflower having a farther range for Mario and Luigi.
Thanked by:
This project needs less talk and more sprites
Seriously
People contribute more to concept/ideas than to sprites
[Image: scaled.php?server=441&filename=ipposig.png&res=medium]
Thanked by: Ton, D2S-Speed, redblueyellow
(02-15-2010, 05:18 PM)Tonberry2k Wrote: So... two Final Smashes? Seems like a bit much to me.

See, that's exactly what I was afraid of it becoming. What I was imagining was something on a much smaller scale, like a fan like tennis racket item for waluigi or a push back item like fludd, but it may not be possible to keep from oversizing it. However, I am in favor of proficiency items or some new system that would differentiate its gameplay from other smash games.

Edit:
@Solink

I definitely agree with you, but while I'm at school and on their macs, all I can do is converse. But seriously, lock this thread if it's halting productivity. No offense will be taken.
Thanked by:
It was a pretty polarizing concept in Double Dash. I don't see why people would embrace it here, especially when Final Smashes already exist.
[Image: b1.php?u=39480955]
Quote:You had wasted MY LIFE... waiting for just a goddamn bunnelby model.
-The prestigious Farlavor
Thanked by:
I thought it was a cool idea in the game, and it would be great in this; that's just my opinion....I dunno about the rest of you.....
Mew2King Wrote:they should make a cereal called jiggly puffs
Thanked by:
Well it would be nice to think of something outside of the regular old stuff. Though it does sound like a second final smash it could be great to think of something different.
Thanked by: