Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Players
These are the sprites for the main characters in a game I'm working on, titled Paradeem 8. As the title suggests, they're called the Players. In this sheet are Players 0-10. Aside from being in numerical order, I've put colored borders around each Player's sprites to make it easier to tell which is which.
[Image: allplayers.png]
All of the Players are my own creations, with the exceptions of Player 0, Player 1, and Player 2.
Player 0 was designed by the programmer for Paradeem 8, which is why I've only done his idle animation. I'd prefer not to make my own animations for somebody else' character when the character in question has actual importance outside what I'm doing and the only reference is a single piece of artwork. It doesn't help that the character is owned by the guy I'm working with.
As for Player 1 and Player 2, they're from a published video game on the Nintendo 64. If somebody can guess what game they're from correctly, I'll post some other sprites relating to Paradeem 8 here.

This is very unfinished. Everybody but Player 1 is subject to change, though Player 2 is likely done as well. This is most evident with Player 7, who needs map, skid, and new jump/fall sprites, Player 9, who needs air attack, upgraded attack, upgraded air attack, skid, and map sprites, and Player 0, who needs... everything but idle. Player 10 is also missing quite a few sprites, but he's closer to finish than the aforementioned Players.

Comments and questions would be nice. Smile
Thanked by:
Any comments? Criticism? Questions?

I'm dyin' here!
Thanked by:
I can barely make out what's happening. I'd suggest making them bigger.
Thanked by:
whats the game about to begin with
Thanked by:
(01-19-2010, 10:46 PM)SengirDev Wrote: I can barely make out what's happening. I'd suggest making them bigger.

Where is it hard to tell what's happening?
Maybe I should've included more information. I just wasn't sure people would actually be interested since it'd kinda turn into a wall of text.

(01-20-2010, 01:21 AM)Metaru Wrote: whats the game about to begin with

Paradeem 8 is about the Players, 11 beings created by a scientist named Aura D. Sear. After being separated by an explosion set up by a group called The Three People, Player 1 and Player 2 find each other and set out to find the other Players.
It's a platformer, not unlike Mario, but more akin to Super Mario Bros. 2. Each Player has different stats in three different categories: Speed, Jump Height, and Strength. Speed determines how fast they move, Jump Height determines how high they can jump, and Strength determines how strong their attacks are.
On top of this, each Player also has their own attack and special ability. At a certain point in the game, you can upgrade your Player's attack. As an example, here are Player 1 and Player 2's bios.

Player 1 (Codename: The Foot)
Speed: ***
Jump Height: ***
Strength: ***
Ability: Stomp - Allows Player 1 to damage non-spiky and non-fiery enemies by jumping on them, and bounce off them.
Attack: Kick
Upgraded Attack: Spin Kick

Player 2 (Codename: The Helicopter)
Speed: ***
Jump Height: ****
Strength: **
Ability: Hover - Allows Player 2 to hover in the air for a short period of time.
Attack: Slide
Upgraded Attack: Propeller-Ready Slide

Hopefully some of the sprites and animations make more sense with this context. I really should have done this in the first place, but eh.
Thanked by:
The specials and attacks in general are pretty cluttered/unreadable
Thanked by:
Player 10's forms(?) look resized because of the sharp corners around its head.
[Image: 14.gif]
Thanked by:
I agree that the sprites could be a bit bigger. As for players 1 and 2 they are from mario party 2. When you are choosing the number of human and computer controlled players. The blue one is human, red one is com. Am I right?
Thanked by:
Mario Party... 3? That's where 1 and 2 originated from.

The sprites are a tad too small for my tastes, since I have to really try and see what's happening.
Strive for victory. Vanquish defeat. And always pack the extra 1up.
Thanked by:
...I guess they are in both (a MP3 sheet on the site has them on it and I am 100% possitive that they are in MP2) ...anyway are we gonna see more info of this game?
Thanked by: