continue y/n?

ill probably be adding some of my favorite enemies if i do continue
[Image: 5lo5J.png]
Thanked by:
(12-16-2009, 04:50 PM)Orgasmatron Wrote: [Image: olimarandco.png]

no particular style or limitations

continue y/n?

ill probably be adding some of my favorite enemies if i do continue

Ummmmm... Are they supposed to be 8-bit Pikmin sprites? If that's not the case, then I think you should add some shading.
Thanked by:
no they arent meant to be 8-bit

theyre just meant to be simple
[Image: 5lo5J.png]
Thanked by:
looks cute. how about Louie?
[Image: bunka3.png]
Thanked by:
(12-16-2009, 05:12 PM)Orgasmatron Wrote: no they arent meant to be 8-bit

Orgasmatron....... Look... Simple sprites, like the ones you made, aren't going to cut it on an elite sprite hosting site, like this one. If you must have a better chance at having them submitted, then can you at least try to add some animation frames to your sprites or shade them?
Thanked by:
The simplicity is nice, and the Pikmin mostly look good. Expect purple. Either the head is too big or the body is too small. Or both. Olimar has a few problems, too. I would suggest making the arms a little longer, and you should change the background so that his hands don't blend in (that or make them red like the red Pikmin). The eyes lookt oo thick, and he has no earlobes. Don't make the bottom of his ears connect straight to his head. Have them curve a bit.
Thanked by:
(12-16-2009, 05:21 PM)E-Man Wrote:

Orgasmatron....... Look... Simple sprites, like the ones you made, aren't going to cut it on an elite sprite hosting site, like this one. If you must have a better chance at having them submitted, then can you at least try to add some animation frames to your sprites or shade them?

This is Sprite Discussion, not submission. Nowhere did Orgasmatron mention he'd submit them when he's done.

And besides, there's this thing called stylistic simplicity. In my opinion, it looks pretty good here. My only nitpick is Olimar's eyes. Unless you're going for a bird's eye view, I'd suggest making them straight lines.
Thanked by:

my god you are fucking stupid

[Image: cloud5.png]
check the file destination
(12-16-2009, 06:08 PM)Colton. Wrote:

my god you are fucking stupid

[Image: cloud5.png]
check the file destination

*Sigh* Alright.... If the site can accept such submissions, then I guess he's doing a fine job since the matter of shading is out of the way.

Crappy Blue Luigi Wrote:This is Sprite Discussion, not submission. Nowhere did Orgasmatron mention he'd submit them when he's done.

And besides, there's this thing called stylistic simplicity. In my opinion, it looks pretty good here. My only nitpick is Olimar's eyes. Unless you're going for a bird's eye view, I'd suggest making them straight lines.

If he's not going to submit the sprites to the site, then I guess I should keep my mouth shut about that then...

Colton. Wrote:my god you are fucking stupid

Excuse me? I hate to act like a moderator here, but can you try using a nicer choice of words to someone who doesn't know that the site can post simple sprite sheets?
Thanked by:
i can

im just not going to

ANYWAY mr orgasmatron
it looks like youre going for an rpg-overworld view
in that case i dont think you should really make the characters look straight at the screen like that.
also purple pikmins head looks fuckin huge
Thanked by:
(12-16-2009, 06:53 PM)Colton. Wrote: i can

im just not going to

ANYWAY mr orgasmatron
it looks like youre going for an rpg-overworld view
in that case i dont think you should really make the characters look straight at the screen like that.
also purple pikmins head looks fuckin huge

*Shrugs shoulders* Oh boy... Looks like I'm dealing with another one of those types of users again....

I'm just going to leave now before I get into some sort of pointless argument with you.
Thanked by:
(12-16-2009, 06:58 PM)E-Man Wrote: *Shrugs shoulders* Oh boy... Looks like I'm dealing with another one of those types of users again....

I'm just going to leave now before I get into some sort of pointless argument with you.

Just want to point out to you the fact that there isn't really a absolute "No Profanity" rule unless it's completely excessive, he isn't really doing anything wrong. There isn't really an argument to begin with.

ONTOPIC: Orgasmtron, I'm liking these so far aside from the white and purple pikmin. I can agree with Wes and Colton on the purple's head being too large.
Also I think the White pikmin's stem that's right on it's head could be a pixel or two longer and a tiny bit thinner.
Discord is Dioshiba#9513
Thanked by:
(12-16-2009, 07:19 PM)Snow Miser Wrote:
(12-16-2009, 06:58 PM)E-Man Wrote: *Shrugs shoulders* Oh boy... Looks like I'm dealing with another one of those types of users again....

Just want to point out to you the fact that there isn't really a absolute "No Profanity" rule unless it's completely excessive, he isn't really doing anything wrong. There isn't really an argument to begin with.

ONTOPIC: Orgasmtron, I'm liking these so far aside from the white and purple pikmin. I can agree with Wes and Colton on the purple's head being too large.
Also I think the White pikmin's stem that's right on it's head could be a pixel or two longer and a tiny bit thinner.

Yes, I am aware that there is no rule against profanity. I just didn't want him to offend me with it before we get into a fight.

As I was saying before, I'm going to leave this topic now before things DO get ugly.
Thanked by:
I bet you're going to say that you're leaving the topic again, right? If you're going to leave a topic, just do it, don't continuously crawl back seeking a final word or some protection from a senior member. It won't happen.

About the sprites: I like the Pikmin, although the White Pikmin looks weird in the neck/head area.
[Image: Dexter.png]  [Image: Bubbles.png]  [Image: SNWzHvA.png]   [Image: SamuraiJack2.png] [Image: kQzhJLF.png]  [Image: Pikachu.png] [Image: tSCZnqw.png]
Thanked by:

Bahaha who the fuck are you?

But I like them.
They remind me of a simple sidescrolla' and that would rock.
Thanked by: