Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Dragon Quest monsters
Since he's such a simple character, surely someone can help me make a more complete version? Just ideas for stuff like additional battle poses, attacks, possible overworld sprites...

1x: [Image: slimeanim.gif]
2x: [Image: Slime_Animation_by_Neslug.gif]
Thanked by:
that's really cool! The colors are perfect Heart

The only thing though is his face studders in his idle idle
[Image: OH4K4jX.gif] [Image: R7WBBzo.gif] [Image: TsJpssj.gif]
-----------------------[Love]-----------------------
Thanked by:
I would've fixed that with more frames, but it's a single-frame thing so that's out of the question. And in my opinion, it looks better than having the face just standing in the same spot for the duration of the idle. Anyone got an idea how I could fix this?
Thanked by:
Slime body is wobbling, but eyes & mouth are at stable size. Maybe it would look more fluid with a movement (like the expression at the jumping).
[Image: dariC.png][Image: tumblr_mlf109xOe81rmu6i5o1_250.gif][Image: b0KxM.gif]
Thanked by:
what the above said, and perhaps you could do some sort of walking sprite? ...I know they can't really walk, but you know what I mean. scooting.
[Image: bunka3.png]
Thanked by:
@Davias: Hmm you're probably right. What if I made the mouth close a little when he's squishing in the idle?

@Jovian-12: I could try that. But since it's a front view battle sprite, the walking could also be executed by a faster version of the basic idle animation or the little sideways movement he does after the faster part also in the above animation.
Thanked by:
Neslug Wrote:What if I made the mouth close a little when he's squishing in the idle?
That would be good.
[Image: dariC.png][Image: tumblr_mlf109xOe81rmu6i5o1_250.gif][Image: b0KxM.gif]
Thanked by:
Heart slime needs more love. Slime just lunge at things to attack, and hop to move. look at these vids for slime animation needs.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JIzaPfGSQ...re=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l3mLcd7WPVg
Thanked by:
i'd make the slime wobble more violently to represent an attack, just like recent pokemon sprites do to simulate movement.

i remember slimes being able to turn into fists/needles in order to cause more damage, am i right?
Thanked by:
The hopping up is not meant to be an attack animation, but part of its idle. Which of course means I still have that one to make.
Thanked by:
Sorry for the double post, but before I work on Slime again...

[Image: kingslime.png]

Help plz
Thanked by:
for the face jumping on the normal slime you could just do some subpixeling. also the highlights at the bottom right of the big guy are really distracting.
Thanked by:
(12-12-2009, 11:47 AM)the legend of tunermonocle Wrote: for the face jumping on the normal slime you could just do some subpixeling. also the highlights at the bottom right of the big guy are really distracting.
Like this?

1x: [Image: slimeidle.gif]
2x: [Image: slimeidledouble.gif]

And I'll see what I can do about King Slime. Probably gonna add one more shade of blue so I have more options.

EDIT: There, should look a little better.
[Image: kingslime.png]
Thanked by:
HEAL SLIME PLEASE. The shading on the King Slime is great. The mouths could use a bit more pixeling, and the crown is way too big... look at Dragon Warrior Monsters, or one of the videos I posted.
Thanked by:
What do you mean by pixeling? And sure, I can make Heal Slime. Just working on Chimera (that baldhead condor worm thing).

EDIT: I like how it turned out, a little big though.

[Image: chimera.png]
Thanked by: