Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)
If an intruder comes into your home what would you do, say etc.?
I'd get a gun. I wouldn't want to go right to firing at somebody out the gate, because even as a homeowner I'd have to deal with quite a bit of law enforcement bullshittery for defending my house with force, so I'd avoid those kinds of messes as best as possible. The very first thing I would do is to call the police. But chances are I'd have seconds or very few minutes to work with when cops would take over 15 minutes to arrive, so in the meanwhile I'd first declare that I have a firearm. Next plan would be to cock it and try to make sure the intruder hears it. If that doesn't work, then I'd fire off a warning shot. Only after that point would I start firing at them, and I'd aim for non-fatal areas first if I can see them. Shoot to kill would be an (extremely unlikely) last resort.

A gunman, especially one who's inexperienced and/or up against someone quick, can potentially be beaten on the draw and harmed even if the other person doesn't have a gun themselves. However, that's usually assuming fair and even conditions; I know my house better than any conceivable intruder and can hastily use shit around me to my advantage.

I'm not trying to be Edgy-McBadass here; this is just shit I've been taught by family and friends in the military and/or law enforcement, alongside my (limited) practice with a gun. This is all ideal scenario anyway, all of which presumes I don't just freeze up and crap myself.
Offending people is a necessary and healthy act... Every time you say something that's offensive to another person, you just caused a discussion. You just forced them to have to think. - Louis C.K.
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: If an intruder comes into your home what would you do, say etc.? - by BullockDS - 05-29-2016, 06:45 PM