Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Xenoblade X unknown model format (example files inside)
Can someone help me to convert the world map files in map.cpk into something usable? I already extracted the files ma9990.canvda, ma9990.canvhe, ma9990.casmda and ma9990.casmhd, but the only thing I can tell about them is that they are made with Havok SDK 2013.1.0-r1, but trying to open them with the Havok 2013 Content Tools gives the following error:

C:\Temp\XenobladeX\content\map>"C:\Program Files\Havok\HavokContentTools\BatchProcess\AssetCc\AssetCc2.exe" ma9990.casmda ma9990.casmda.xml
Could not load the file 'ma9990.casmda'.
Wrong platform for packfile
The layout of the packfile being read in is different than the layout of AssetCc.
The asset being processed must have the same layout as the AssetCc being used to
process the asset.

After some digging it turned out that different platforms have different endianess in their Havok files, and one must use the appropriate platforms Havok SDK, the PC one is of no use... so I'm totally stuck here. I was so motivated after extracting the Xenoblade Chronicles maps workded perfectly in the end..
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: Xenoblade X unknown model format (example files inside) - by NeosDE - 09-11-2016, 04:58 AM