Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
An issue with transparency
hmm...
if these were jpeg's, i could easily extract them though...
problem with 'normal' bitmaps is that shockwave/director doesn't seem to internally store them in bmp format, from what i can tell...

the specific answer i found btw suggests loading the files in adobe director, and setting the external bitmap editor to adobe fireworks, which apparently DOES intercept the alpha channel, and then one by one launching the external editor. (and ofc, since extraction is the goal, saving them) i can't really test this, however...

idk if this game could run on 98...
There's a way to do almost anything, you just need the right tools/people to make it happen.
personally, i want the file format specs to somehow get leaked or reverse-engineered so decompilers can exist...
So far, my attempts at this haven't been too fruitful. All my friend and I can figure-out is names of "Casts" and "Cast members" seem to have a byte preceding them that indicates length so, for example "cat" would be 03 <whatever the hex values are for " cat "> I think I've also found parts of some kind of data or variable names table, but ugh... i just can't find ANYTHING that indicates how this stupid format is supposed to work. (ofc, I kinda don't know what i am doing, either, but...anything i would know to look for based on other formats isn't being found, and every time I think I might have a hit, I find something suggesting I'm totally wrong. )
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
An issue with transparency - by DarkGrievous7145 - 10-03-2015, 01:24 AM
RE: An issue with transparency - by Hiccup - 10-04-2015, 05:22 AM
RE: An issue with transparency - by DarkGrievous7145 - 10-06-2015, 02:11 AM