Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
An issue with transparency
Just taking a wild stab in the dark from what I've seen of other special effect graphics, but the background may be that way because of the lightsabers. You notice how in some fighting games, the character's effects have some black mixed in when you rip the graphic, but that black isn't there when you play? It's because there's a separate script processing it out, while allowing the fade effect around certain parts of the object to still be visible, kind of like what you can do with layers in Photoshop. I think that may be the case here; the lightsabers have a fading off glow effect around them, so that's why they just used black for the entire background, and something else is processing that black out.

However... because of the JPG distortion, if you can't find the actual script that's handling that, you may actually have to restore all of that manually. I just tried fiddling with the layers in Photoshop, and I can't seem to get it quite right without the rest of the sprite (which has some pretty dark parts to it) being affected as well.
[Image: 76561198119420747.png]
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
An issue with transparency - by DarkGrievous7145 - 10-03-2015, 01:24 AM
RE: An issue with transparency - by Skyla Doragono - 10-03-2015, 10:14 AM
RE: An issue with transparency - by Hiccup - 10-04-2015, 05:22 AM