Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)
SPLATOON (aka PHBBTBBHT aka FART NOISES: THE GAME)
(07-05-2015, 06:34 PM)E-Man Wrote: Wish I could play with him, too (or anyone for that matter), but for some reason, my family is unable to hook up our Wii U to the web. I don't know why that is, but I think has something to do with the less than optimal internet service in the Netherlands. *Shrugs*

It's...not that tough? You just need a wireless router in order to do it and to set the settings on the Wii U to "understand" the encryption on your router.  Like if it's WPA-PSK (the common one here in the States), you'll usually just give your internet connection a name you can search for it with, and a password. Chances are you don't plug in your MacBook directly in with an Ethernet cable - so it probably just uses that same information to do so.
If it's an issue of the signal not being able to "reach" to the other side of your parents' lavish estate, you can always set up a system of wireless "repeaters" throughout the house using old routers you could pick up from like, yardsales for $5~10 each (though honestly, for a regular house, you'd need one router at most, two if your walls are shit but assuming you have a stupid large, multimillion-dollar house [like your dad is the patent holder for Ziploc bags], maybe more like 5)
...actually, I'd say that'd make a wonderful father/son techie project if you're eager to learn how to do it.
[Image: 57d2BGH.png]
! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! refs
shoutouts to cutesu for the new av!
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: SPLATOON (aka PHBBTBBHT aka FART NOISES: THE GAME) - by Kosheh - 07-05-2015, 10:08 PM