Users browsing this thread: 5 Guest(s)
SPLATOON (aka PHBBTBBHT aka FART NOISES: THE GAME)
(05-29-2015, 09:56 PM)Dolphman Wrote: Bought it today, and played one online match. And once again, the team I joined kept getting our asses kicked. Still fun though.
Will try out more after later one. Seeing Age of Ultron today.

Sucks for everyone in the UK who preordered it from GAME. A whole freaking truck stolen containing the special editions and Amiibos.

I heard about that. That's super lame Very Sad

Also giant protip: Yeah you're gonna get your ass kicked because people have been playing the game a little longer. Grind up to level 4 and buy the weapon you're more comfortable with from the demo.

I was getting my ass handed to me earlier during multiplayer (and this game really, really pushes you into doing multiplayer. You basically have no choice but to do multiplayer if you want to get the most out of the game), and when I hit level 4 I got the Splattershot from Ammo Knights and now I feel like I'm actually carrying games [but probably not]

(if you still don't have the game: you start off which the Splattershot Jr. which shoots somewhat short-ranged, does little damage, but shoots paint really, really fast and unlock weapons from Ammo Knights, the weapons shop as you play more.)

It's weird because the Splattershot Jr's special weapon is a forcefield, so you can 1v1 better...but it's too weak to 1v1 most of the time at this point.
The Splattershot is a little slower to shoot but shoots farther and harder. I feel like a one-man army when I've got the Splattershot and can usually 1v2 people with it.

I got kinda bored of multiplayer after a while actually, and Gors asked me "but what about the single-player. is that any good" and I told him "i haven't tried it yet because this game really emphasizes the multiplayer. y'know what i'll give it a shot"
And honestly, I like the single-player campaign a LOT MORE, lol. A lot of you guys who really aren't into shooters (I'm thinking like...E-Man here) will probably love the absolute HELL out of the single-player, where the gameplay is almost completely different. It's a third-person shooter basically (in that your focus is on directly shooting enemies, covering the arena in paint is secondary and mainly used for moving around the level) but the squid/kid transformation plays a huge role where your "stealth" is emphasized.
I wanna say it's sorta like Sly Cooper if Sly Cooper was a squid and carried a paintball gun, but then I realized it plays almost absolutely nothing like Sly Cooper. lol

The two modes use completely different currencies though to unlock things specific to their mode of play, so don't expect to become Krelp McSwagdaddy by only playing single-player.

[Image: 57d2BGH.png]
! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! refs
shoutouts to cutesu for the new av!
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: SPLATOON (aka PHBBTBBHT aka FART NOISES: THE GAME) - by Kosheh - 05-29-2015, 11:34 PM