Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Link's Awakening: Minish Cap Style
(04-09-2015, 07:30 AM)E-Man Wrote: Very good, but what would you say about making a few custom parts in certain parts of the map? I'm not requesting anything major, but maybe try giving the phone booth trees an indication that they're actually phone booths for starters.The original game had a phone on top to show the player what it is.

I had in mind doing some custom sprites for some areas such as every dungeon or the phone boots and even a custom cave but i'd like to finish the current areas before i get into more trouble Unsure 

It's already quite tedious to add all the detail and i have yet to do it on at least 20 screens plus i need to modifiy the color palettes on some tiles i've used on Koholit Praire

BTW i found these when i was sorting my old files
[Image: DHpiUjv.png]    [Image: xHu7sHZ.png]

It was an edit to the minish GUI for Zelda: Oracle of Seasons
might do one for link's awakening
*sprites by ChaosMile07 i think

EDIT:
After an hour working on the old screen porting it from paint.net to Photoshop i finished it
[Image: VwS1ngW.png]
As photoshop allows for many groups and layers i made group for everything wich means i can turn on/off any item or use the red frame in any other item and even swap the seeds, change seasons, north/south for the magnetic gloves, etc.
(forgot to put in the mysterious flute)

With this i can swap the items rename a few things and get the UI ready for link's awakening
*more sprites from ChaosMiles 07

EDIT2:
I've been really busy lately and only have a couple hours to add more detail to the current screens and tbh i'm taking longer than i'd like to

on the other side i'm editing the menus for link's awakening too and checking if i can use the map resources from the minish cap for the link's awakening map

i'm ripping some of the tiles i need for the forest in between work sessions and getting some new tiles for the existing areas

another thing i've been working on are some recolours of the things i'm using on the koholit praire (the witch's hut and the trees close to it) as it might be noticeable the trees don't belong in there, they're actually from the royal graveyard(?) i only changed the colours of the base but the colours of the whole tree remain the same so i'm working on a fix for that  

I'll continue to work on the detail through the week and will upload the progress once it's finished one by one finishing the areas until they're all done
Thanked by: Miles07

Messages In This Thread
Link's Awakening: Minish Cap Style - by Ailos - 04-06-2015, 01:06 PM
RE: Link's Awakening: Minish Cap Style - by Ton - 04-06-2015, 03:01 PM
RE: Link's Awakening: Minish Cap Style - by Ailos - 04-06-2015, 06:23 PM
RE: Link's Awakening: Minish Cap Style - by recme - 04-06-2015, 06:27 PM
RE: Link's Awakening: Minish Cap Style - by Ailos - 04-06-2015, 06:57 PM
RE: Link's Awakening: Minish Cap Style - by recme - 04-06-2015, 07:45 PM
RE: Link's Awakening: Minish Cap Style - by Ailos - 04-07-2015, 12:11 PM
RE: Link's Awakening: Minish Cap Style - by E-Man - 04-09-2015, 07:30 AM
RE: Link's Awakening: Minish Cap Style - by Ailos - 04-09-2015, 12:02 PM
RE: Link's Awakening: Minish Cap Style - by Ailos - 09-24-2015, 04:48 PM