Users browsing this thread: 3 Guest(s)
Game Vs. Game! This week: SA1 Vs. SA2
I feel that it's because it returns more to the classic Kirby game style while still retaining the best parts of Amazing Mirror. Collecting treasures that actually effect the gameplay such as providing new moves to copy abilities, increasing your health, changing Kirby's color, or the appearance of his belly were fantastic ideas. It honestly seems like they took a step backwards in later games like Returns and Triple Deluxe where the collectables didn't actually do much. They didn't even play a role in unlocking the true final boss like they have in past games.

The "belly system" was also a nice touch that I really enjoyed. The ability to store, mix, and in some cases, combine abilities was a fun gimmick that I think made the game more interesting. You could even store and combine stars together to make super strong projectiles that you could exhale at any time, even if you currently had an ability. Having to sacrifice a slot in order to collect treasure chests was another nice touch, as it forced you to decide what precious ability bubble you had to drop and gave you the feeling of creating situations of choice in a Kirby game, while actually remaining super simple.

Plus I really liked the Squeaks as characters. I hope they come back some day in a bigger role than what Mass Attack provided them.
Thanked by: E-Man, E-Man

Messages In This Thread
Game Vs. Game! This week: SA1 Vs. SA2 - by recme - 03-06-2015, 08:32 AM
RE: Game Vs. Game! This week: Kirby NiD Vs. Kirby atAM - by Jermungandr - 04-15-2015, 02:04 PM