Users browsing this thread: 4 Guest(s)
Game Vs. Game! This week: SA1 Vs. SA2
I love how talking about Melee always does that, with the "Fuck you for having an opinion different than mine, my game is the best and there's nothing you can do to convince me otherwise" posts. I've gotten blasted IRL over it in college and then I met some cool people while playing Brawl, too

Oh, you wanted my opinion. Oh.

*pulls beat up CRT television out of car trunk with duffle bag full of chewed-up GCN controllers and spice orange gamecube, hooting and shouting over his friends' body odor as I set up the gamecube next to your SSB4 demo station in Gamestop* "hey guys hows it goin" *lets out a loud fart* "let me tell you about my favorite smash game of all time" *wipes nose with hairy arm, turns to you with a little battletoad foot of a booger hanging out of my nose* "it's brawl, that's for sure. oh why am i playing melee with my fam here? it's because *loudly belches* whew excuse me, this is all my crew plays" *loud snort*

so, *scratches beard exclusively on neck* I like brawl because it's a perfect game if you have no IRL friends like me. i actually got hella decent in brawl because i'd play almost nightly with friends, which is definitely something I couldn't do where I lived through my teenage years, and i actually liked its pillowy soft, super-slow gameplay because it's a lot easier to play through lag in that. I feel like if the game were faster and quicker like melee and had online play, it'd actually be MORE frustrating to play online, especially with split-second controller ponytricks techniques like wavedashing and dashdancing. there was also subspace emissary, which was a GREAT singleplayer mode to play through, even if it suffered from CPS (Capcom Platformer Syndrome) near the end, artificially inflating its playtime. Unlocking characters in Subspace felt SUPER REWARDING too because you'd just stumble upon them and if you either cleared the stage with them or beat the crap out of 'em they'd be playable.
It also basically forced you to learn and understand the playstyle of at least a dozen characters, which in my opinion was also really nice. It's something Smash 4 could have really used, because I'm actually somewhat afraid of picking up the newcomers because of it.

*snorts up some mean mucus* "they could have really done without tripping though and having sakurai doing all the balancing himself" *hawks loogie into sonic drive-in cup* "otherwise we wouldn't have ended up with a clusterfuck of a wii title" *it turns out his friends picked a stage without him and it's fucking venom of all places* "god DAMMIT CRAZY P where is ur girlfriend im gonna touch her boobies when im done here. i'll talk to you later i gotta establish my role as top-t-t-t-Top Dog"
[Image: 57d2BGH.png]
! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! refs
shoutouts to cutesu for the new av!
Thanked by: ~Axis~, Gwen, recme, Tellis

Messages In This Thread
Game Vs. Game! This week: SA1 Vs. SA2 - by recme - 03-06-2015, 08:32 AM
RE: Game Vs. Game! This week: Melee Vs. Brawl - by Kosheh - 04-07-2015, 09:59 AM