Users browsing this thread: 4 Guest(s)
Game Vs. Game! This week: SA1 Vs. SA2
Smash 4 = Melee > SSB64 > Brawl.

Not counting Project M on this one for the sole fact it's not an official Smash Game, but a heavy mod. I do acknowledge it as a game of it's own however I see no reason why it needs to be included on this particular list.

Melee was a vast improvement to what Super Smash Bros for the Nintendo 64 did. I think everyone can agree on that. However it's not really accessible to everyone given that so much meta game could come out of it. Brawl could have been that answer but it came up with too many gimmicks that could get involved in game play, such as tripping.

I think another reason why Brawl should be knocked to the bottom of the list is because, as a game it tried too hard on what it's not meant to be. Sure you had classic mode, multiplayer mode, break the targets, you know pretty typical smash bros stuff. But then comes the subspace emissary which, was a mess of it's own for a lot of the wrong reasons in a fighting game, in fact it felt like a massive crossover on a kirby game that has a mediocre story. It kind of killed the meta game of it and frankly the only people who could play it were those who were either used to the original smash and didn't like melee as much, or they were new to the smash games.

I think Smash 4 deserves an equal spot as Melee does because it felt like an improvement from brawl and puts it just on the same tier as Melee, it sped up the game play closer to melee, brought back some things that were missing from brawl, and it expanded the gameplay to the point where if you wanted to have a lot of fun with it, Custom Fighters could potentially bring a new level of game play in smash tournaments. However this one does have flaws of it's own to the point where it's still on that same level as Melee because of missing things from melee and brawl for things like items or certain modes. And if you really wanted to enjoy super smash bros 4 at it's fullest you'd have to play both versions, which makes it somewhat of a pain in the ass.
Discord is Dioshiba#9513
Thanked by: Iceman404

Messages In This Thread
Game Vs. Game! This week: SA1 Vs. SA2 - by recme - 03-06-2015, 08:32 AM
RE: Game Vs. Game! This week: Melee Vs. Brawl - by DioShiba - 04-05-2015, 05:32 PM