Users browsing this thread: 4 Guest(s)
Game Vs. Game! This week: SA1 Vs. SA2
Project: M > Melee > SSB64 = Sm4sh > Brawl

I don't rate in terms of content such as more fighters, stages, single player campaigns, or items. I rate in terms of the core gameplay engine.

Melee is fast, heavy, momentum physics based, has existent hitstun, and creativity in it's movement and combo game; its exciting to spectate. The downside is that Fox and Falco have a single frame gimp & combo attack, and Sheik effectively negates and secludes half of the entire cast with an unfair chaingrab autocombo; the game is also noticeably unpolished, having been made in around 13 months. Brawl is extraordinarily slow, floaty, campy, and feels uncomfortably sticky in comparison; defensive options are so strong and prevalent that its a pain to watch. There are no combos or aggressive approaches, which saps the fun factor even further. FYI for people who don't believe Brawl has abusive bugs and oversights usable in competitive play, you'd be dead wrong. There's some really jank shit that goes on in Brawl, inescapable things that don't even make sense and can lead to KO's. Someone who plays casual and doesn't actually try at the game will more likely than not enjoy Brawl more for it's pacing (which is questionable) and extra features; most of them having not actually played Melee in the competitive scene will obviously have no interest in it.

Have fun losing thousands in tourney money because you tripped, lol.

Project: M is Melee with more balance and all the bugs have been polished up, with previous mechanics now being intentional and balanced around. Its the ideal Smash title that can be legitimately competitive and casual. So... I choose Project: M.

I'm not sure asking for this comparison will end well though, OP.
~~LOVE~~ 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9.
[Image: mousey.gif]
Thanked by: BullockDS

Messages In This Thread
Game Vs. Game! This week: SA1 Vs. SA2 - by recme - 03-06-2015, 08:32 AM
RE: Game Vs. Game! This week: Melee Vs. Brawl - by Iceman404 - 04-05-2015, 05:01 PM