Users browsing this thread: 6 Guest(s)
Game Vs. Game! This week: SA1 Vs. SA2
KH2.

KH2 had the much more polished engine and gameplay, but KH1 is decent too. KH1's controls were awkward and sucked though (seriously, cycling through a menu to interact with objects, and being unable to control the camera with the right analog stick in a PS2 game!?). Both games are too easy without Proud or Critical Mode on though. Like, you could literally just go through the game getting hit by everything and still win. Proud and Critical modes are the only way to get any sort of challenge out of them XD.

(03-21-2015, 06:31 AM)Kosheh Wrote: Kingdom Hearts, huh? :/ KH1 > KH2 The premise of KH, originally felt like "oh hey, we [Square Enix] did it - we're making a crossover RPG with Disney characters". With a concept like that, it's TOTALLY FINE to just let Disney take center stage, while the anime takes a seat and the original characters have minimal interference (besides the core guys: Sora being he just serves as an avatar throughout the journey, Riku being his rival, and Kairi being the damsel) It was alright. I liked it, even up to the ending (spoilers: Sora gets STRAIGHT-UP REKT by tectonic plates) KH2 was just really lousy because neither Disney nor Square Enix really takes the spotlight - it's all ORIGINAL CHARACTERS DO NOT STEAL (anime gang in black hoods) hogging the spotlight with their shonen-ai shit "oh, xion, let's lick our sea-salt ice creams together in the sunset while we figure out why we exist. sometimes i feel like a nobody. i must be a big nobody" to be fair, the mechanics and stuff of KH2 were Pretty Fucking Dope (turn into antisora and just wreck the shit out of everything. BUT IT'S RANDOM) and I really want to like it (the worlds were just straight-up better. Steamboat Willie and Tron worlds AAAAAAAAAAAA) but like, for it to get all twisted up with the animes at the end just felt like a really huge copout.
I also feel like Square should have shut up and let Disney handle character development 100%, and let the entire game have a Disney aesthetic instead of trying to mash two conflicting character design ideologies together. If Sora looked like a character out of something like Treasure Planet or Atlantis - you know, AN ACTUAL DISNEY PERSON, I would have been able to get behind the whole premise a little better, but it's hard - basically since I'm wholehandedly agreeing with Gors here

This is why i said the games would look a lot better if the models emulated the style of the artwork.
[Image: latest?cb=20100923132858]

It'd all be consistent and much more appealing to look at. Dragon Quest has been doing it since 8, so I know it's not impossible.
[Image: tamerkoh.gif?9][Image: DevBanner.png][Image: Youtube.gif]DLBROOKS33
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
Game Vs. Game! This week: SA1 Vs. SA2 - by recme - 03-06-2015, 08:32 AM
RE: Game Vs. Game! This week: KH1 Vs. KH2 - by Koh - 03-21-2015, 12:02 PM