Users browsing this thread: 5 Guest(s)
Game Vs. Game! This week: SA1 Vs. SA2
Kingdom Hearts, huh? :/

KH1 > KH2

The premise of KH, originally felt like "oh hey, we [Square Enix] did it - we're making a crossover RPG with Disney characters". With a concept like that, it's TOTALLY FINE to just let Disney take center stage, while the anime takes a seat and the original characters have minimal interference (besides the core guys: Sora being he just serves as an avatar throughout the journey, Riku being his rival, and Kairi being the damsel)
It was alright. I liked it, even up to the ending (spoilers: Sora gets STRAIGHT-UP REKT by tectonic plates)

KH2 was just really lousy because neither Disney nor Square Enix really takes the spotlight - it's all ORIGINAL CHARACTERS DO NOT STEAL (anime gang in black hoods) hogging the spotlight with their shonen-ai shit

"oh, xion, let's lick our sea-salt ice creams together in the sunset while we figure out why we exist. sometimes i feel like a nobody. i must be a big nobody"

to be fair, the mechanics and stuff of KH2 were Pretty Fucking Dope (turn into antisora and just wreck the shit out of everything. BUT IT'S RANDOM) and I really want to like it (the worlds were just straight-up better. Steamboat Willie and Tron worlds AAAAAAAAAAAA) but like, for it to get all twisted up with the animes at the end just felt like a really huge copout.

I also feel like Square should have shut up and let Disney handle character development 100%, and let the entire game have a Disney aesthetic instead of trying to mash two conflicting character design ideologies together. If Sora looked like a character out of something like Treasure Planet or Atlantis - you know, AN ACTUAL DISNEY PERSON, I would have been able to get behind the whole premise a little better, but it's hard - basically since I'm wholehandedly agreeing with Gors here
[Image: 57d2BGH.png]
! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! refs
shoutouts to cutesu for the new av!

Messages In This Thread
Game Vs. Game! This week: SA1 Vs. SA2 - by recme - 03-06-2015, 08:32 AM
RE: Game Vs. Game! This week: KH1 Vs. KH2 - by Kosheh - 03-21-2015, 06:31 AM