Users browsing this thread: 3 Guest(s)
Game Vs. Game! This week: SA1 Vs. SA2
(03-08-2015, 03:59 PM)Goemar Wrote: It's like how Zelda OoT, MM and WW are completely different from the 2D Zelda games but they still play like 3D Zelda games. If a game played just like OoT you'd be like "this feels like Zelda"

Not that it undermines your entire argument or anything, but I honestly don't think the Zelda franchise is the best example in this instance. I was actually going to make an allusion to it earlier, but then I realized that the 3D Zelda games actually ARE extremely similar to their 2D counterparts. The functions in both are actually extremely similar with just different restrictions based on the player's perspective of the environment. The only real big difference between the two is the targeting-based fighting system. It doesn't really compare to the degree of differences between the 2D and 3D Mario titles.

Well except for 3D World, which honestly feels much more closely related to a Mario 2D title than the traditional 3D ones. It's like they took a NSMB game and slapped a Z-axis on it.
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
Game Vs. Game! This week: SA1 Vs. SA2 - by recme - 03-06-2015, 08:32 AM
RE: Game Vs. Game! This week: Super Mario World vs Super Mario 64 - by Jermungandr - 03-09-2015, 01:23 AM