Users browsing this thread: 3 Guest(s)
Game Vs. Game! This week: SA1 Vs. SA2
So Mario having some new moves is changing loads but the whole complete change of combat with Zelda is just "Hey that's not a big change at all" - my point is everyone is going to have an opinion on what counts as a "true" game to a series (hint: 3D Zelda doesn't to me, live with it) and we have this 3D/2D divide the 3D titles can still feel very much like a game in the series, even if vastly different to the 2D ones. There's just that familiarity, how things move, the physics - the feel. The feel of the game. And Mario 64 feels a lot like a Mario game. When I first played Mario 64 as a kid I was amazed it was 3D but there was never a moment where my brain said, "Hey, this doesn't feel very Mario-like" - it simply felt like the next step in the Mario franchise. Now when I first played Sonic Adventure my brain slumped and sighed, "This isn't Sonic, this is something else"

But well, god damn - watch out people, he quoted a wiki, guess he just won the internet.

Anyway, lets move on, I'm tired.
[Image: randomimage.cgi]
Thanked by: E-Man, Gwen, Shade

Messages In This Thread
Game Vs. Game! This week: SA1 Vs. SA2 - by recme - 03-06-2015, 08:32 AM
RE: Game Vs. Game! This week: Super Mario World vs Super Mario 64 - by Goemar - 03-08-2015, 08:04 PM