Users browsing this thread: 5 Guest(s)
Game Vs. Game! This week: SA1 Vs. SA2
(03-08-2015, 03:59 PM)Goemar Wrote: Daemoth this is the stupidest argument I have heard in a long time. Yes 2D and 3D Mario games are completely different. But 3D Mario still distinctively plays like a 3D Mario game and not just a 3D game with Mario in it.

It's like how Zelda OoT, MM and WW are completely different from the 2D Zelda games but they still play like 3D Zelda games. If a game played just like OoT you'd be like "this feels like Zelda"

I get that the 2D ones can be seen as the "true" Mario games as he was 2D first but today's NSMB doesn't feel a damn like classic Mario to me. Every Mario game is going to feel different but that doesn't mean one major Mario title is more or less Mario than another.

Stupidest? cmon mate, theres no need for that.
Let me reiterate, i am speaking about when Sm64 was released, Sm64 had almost nothing to do with the previous Mario games. Not every 3D Mario games released. And its not about the 3d, its the fact that they changed so much: The health and power up system, the unclear goals in level, the controls steep learning curve. The triple jump, the long jump, the wall jump, the back flip crouch, the flip while jumping backward and the slide mechanics made it a lot harder.
 For example, Ocarina of time,  yes, it totally feel like a Zelda games, they didnt change that much compared to Sm64, the health system is exactly the same, even the annoying beep is still there, there are long dungeons, tons of puzzle, tons of equipment to gather, and a world to explore. 
Also, if we check the last game released, Super mario world 3d, the levels are extremely linear, the health system is the same as the original and they bring back the usual power up.
Heres what the wiki says :
"The game plays very similarly to Super Mario 3D Land, being a 3D platformer though with gameplay similar to the 2D games. This game retains its predecessor's similarity to Super Mario Bros. 3 (with colorful blocks, the Super LeafSpikes and the Lose a Life theme returning from that game); many elements from Super Mario World are returning as well, such as Chargin' Chucks and Kuribons, now with an official English name, Galoombas. Stages are once again open yet linear, have a time limit, and end by grabbing the classic Goal Pole at the end."
[Image: w5xqva2wqod7ni6zg.jpg]
Thanked by: psychospacecow, recme

Messages In This Thread
Game Vs. Game! This week: SA1 Vs. SA2 - by recme - 03-06-2015, 08:32 AM
RE: Game Vs. Game! This week: Super Mario World vs Super Mario 64 - by daemoth - 03-08-2015, 04:35 PM